Friday, November 12, 2010

Family Pictures

Oregon has it's downsides, there is no doubt. There's lots of rain, the summers are short, it gets cold in the winter but not cold enough to snow often, it rains a lot, the rainy season is from fall to spring and little bits in the summer, and it's really wet here. Do you catch my drift? 'Cuz I'm laying it on pretty thick.
However, this rain also means it is gorgeous. Beautiful colors everywhere you look, tons of gorgeous trees with different colored leaves, it's wonderful. I know most places are pretty in the fall, but it's like really pretty here.
And it makes a perfect background for pictures:

So does this little lady




Usually when we take pictures I dress in clothes that are somewhat classic (white or black) so that when Bria looks back (and subsequent children and grandchildren) at our family photos she doesn't cringe at the clothes I put her in...or dressed in myself. But this time I said screw it, and dressed in clothes that are in now, I mean, I have to give her some ammo for when she's older right?
No matter the clothes, she is undeniably cute, and pigtails are classic right?

Let's get past that and look at the gorgeous landscape.
Fall sure is pretty.
It makes me feel all mushy towards my awesome husband...
...and my blue-eyed baby girl.




Singing while she walks, or screaming, can't remember

Wondering where the plane went

I think she found a bird here

We went to a park right near our house to take these and there are so many paths to take. Lots of people were out doing the same thing.

It was a perfect afternoon, warm enough to not be cold, but cool enough to not get hot. And no rain!!! Really all I look for in picture taking weather is no rain.

And I snapped a few of Heather and Bria since Heather is always the one behind the camera!


Family hug

We're kind of in love with this little girl if you can't tell ;)


Hmm, can't quite decide whose eyes she got ;)

The man of my dreams
I'm a lucky woman

Over 4 years of marriage and still kickin' it

Almost 2 years of motherhood and still lovin' it

It was a fun evening and I'm glad we got out and did them so I can work on Christmas cards and all that fun stuff.
This one screams Christmas card. No?

Although I could use some help picking a picture or 2 out for our cards, hint hint. :)

9 comments:

Kristin said...

Love the pics!:)

Marissa said...

I love the one of her running to you and Brian sitting in the leaves! It makes my heart all warm and fuzzy :) Oh and I cannot wait until I can put Brooklyn's hair in pigtails!!!!

The Beavers said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! You are one stinkin' hot mamma!! I also like the ones of her running toward the camera with you and Brian in the background!

Danielle said...

Great pictures!!!! I love Bria's sweater!

Brandi said...

Those are awesome photos! Now I' thinking we need to start doing family photos too- darn your peer pressure! And you look FABULOUS. And your outfit will still be hot in 20 years.

Anonymous said...

You are so cute! And I don't think Bria will look back and cringe ever at that cute little outfit. :) Yours either! I love the pics of you and Brian in the background hugging and Bria coming toward the camera. So cute!

Julia said...

BEAUTIFUL! I love Bria's sweater. Where did you get it. How are you going to pick--they are all gorgeous!

kayla said...

I vote the one of all three of you sitting in the leaves and the one where you two are kissing and bria is on brians shoulders :)
Love you guys! These pictures are adorable!

flojat said...

What amazing pictures! You have such a beautiful family.