Thursday, May 28, 2009

Wednesday

What does Bria's day look like at 3 months old? I thought it would be fun to jot down what our routine is right now. It's not EXACTLY the same every day but it's pretty close. Here is what our Wednesday looked like:

7:15 am- Bria wakes up, I can hear her sucking her thumb on the monitor and just talking. Then she fusses a little so I know to come get her. I go into her room, tell her good morning and she talks for a few minutes, she is really happy in the morning. I changed her diaper and then fed her.

8 am-After I burp her I sat her in her boppy while I ate breakfast. Then we talked and played. She also does tummy time on my chest after I burp which is fun. She actually enjoys it! I also read her a book.

8:45-9 am-Lay her in her crib so she can talk to her mobile while I get her bath stuff ready and lay out her outfit on the changing table. She talks and kicks her legs, I love listening to her.

9-9:15 am- Give her a bath which she loves then carry her upstairs to her room and get her dried off and clothed. She loves to be naked so this is also fun :)

9:30 am-Lay her down in her crib for her nap. Then I go shower, blog, sweep the downstairs, and throw in some laundry.

11:30 am-Bria wakes up from her nap and is ready to eat.

12:15 pm-Dad is home so we spend some time with him just talking, she is content being held and looking around.

12:30 pm-We go to Costco for some essentials (milk) and Bria does really well just looking around and sucking on her fingers. We hit up Dutch Bros. on the way there so Mom can get a smoothie.

1:15 pm-Bria falls asleep on our way home, she is passed out. We leave her in her car seat and put her upstairs in our bedroom while we go watch a movie, "What Happens in Vegas" I of course check on her a few times. I also eat some lunch, it's so nice not to hurry and eat, I can take my time :)

2:30 pm-I go to check on her and she is sitting there wide awake just looking around, what an angel. I hope she wasn't awake too long. I feed and burp her while we finish the movie.

3:30 pm-Daddy and Mommy take turns trying to make her laugh, she does a little bit.

3:45-4:15 pm-Bria and I go for a walk, it is really hot out! She enjoys sucking on her fingers and making adorable noises.

4:30 pm-I change her diaper and put her down for a nap. Then I start some dinner and get on the computer.

5:30 pm-Bria wakes up. She lays in her crib while I put away her clothes and burp cloths that just came out of the dryer. I feed and burp her.

6:15 pm-I need to finish making dinner so I put her in her bouncy, she likes that for a little bit but not long enough for me to eat all my dinner so I hold her while I finish up. Then I put her in the front pack while I clean up the kitchen and pack Brian's lunch for work.

7 pm-I lay her on a blanket and talk to her, then I pick her up to bounce her on my knees and she starts laughing and laughing. This is definitely the highlight of my day. After we get all her laughs out I put her on her play mat and we do some tummy time.

7:45 pm-I feed her a little snack one last time.

8:05 pm-Lay her down.

8:15 pm- Go in because she is fussing, hold her for a few minutes and put her back down.

8:25 pm- Go in because she is fussing again and she ROLLED OVER!!!! I could not believe it, I had to contain myself so I didn't freak her out but I was so excited. But also kind of sad since both Brian and I missed it :( I cuddle her and bounce her in my arms for a few minutes then lay her back down.

3 months is my favorite age so far :)

2 comments:

Erin said...

wow! Kudos to you for the awesome schedule. Two things come to mind when I read this 1.) I cannot believe you can put her down without a swaddle blanket of some kind. I don't want to talk about how much money I have spent on swaddles- I have tried every brand! 2.) I can't believe how long she sleeps at night! I'll just tell myself (whether its true or not) that this took time for you, and I just need to keep working at it! Thanks for the insight.

Z said...

Sounds like a great day hun! :) And YAY for turning over.. She is so cute.