Sunday, May 10, 2009

1st Mother's Day

I feel so incredibly blessed to be a mother and am so grateful that God sent me Bria. Ever since I was a little girl I couldn't wait to be a mother and raise a family. After Brian and I got married I was itching to have a little baby, but we had to pay off debt and get financially stable first. Finally after 2 years (I know, I'm impatient) it was time and I can't tell you the joy I felt when I saw that + pregnancy test. Our little miracle was on her way.
Spending 9 months with Bria in my belly was absolutely wonderful. I loved watching her wiggle and squirm in there and felt so close to her already. I was anxiously awaiting the day when I finally got to meet her and hold her on my arms.
I'll never forget arriving at the hospital that Thursday night and walking into the labor room, the room where we would finally look into Bria's eyes and tell her how much we loved her.
And then, she was here.



And I was in heaven.

I remember her laying on my chest and just being in awe. Then they took her away and cleaned her up, and handed her to Daddy. When I saw Brian hold her for the first time I felt my heart burst and grow 2 sizes bigger. It was the most precious sight.
I am eternally grateful that I am a mother. I'm not perfect, sometimes it's hard and I cry right along with Bria. But then I remember what a miracle it is that she's here.

Today I am also thinking about all the mothers: the ones who have been a mother for years and years, those who are brand new mothers, those that just found out they are going to be a mother, those that have angels up in heaven, and those that are dying to be a mother. My heart goes out to those that want a miracle and are facing obstacles. I am thinking of all you mothers out there, and wishing you a happy mother's day.

I'm feeling honored today, to be amongst some amazing women:

My mom, who is so supportive of us and would do anything for our happiness, I love you mom.

My sister Jaime, I admire her so much and look at her in awe, she is an amazing mother. Love you sis.

My stepmom Anna, who works so hard and is the most patient person ever, love you.

My mother-in-law, who has the biggest heart, love you.

My grandmother, who has amazing strength and is incredibly wise, love you forever Grandma.
Happy Mother's Day to all of you.

7 comments:

Annette said...

Mothers Day is like a piece of heaven. Being honored for the precious work we do is so wonderful. Its empowering for me to be reminded of the noble nature of motherhood.

Danielle said...

This was a beautiful post. I enjoyed reading it. Happy Mother's Day! I feel proud to be sharing this day now with all the other mothers.

Jenn said...

Happy Mother's Day! You are such a wonderful mommy :) Bria will be forever thankful!!

Carly said...

happy mother's day lulU!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day, Lindsey! There's nothing quite like that first one...so special.

Emilie said...

Awe, how sweet! Happy Mother's day! I hope you had a wonderful day with your little gift.

L said...

What an amazing post. Happy First Mothers day!!