Thursday, May 14, 2009

That was cool

I'm remembering how Bria slept through the night for almost 2 weeks, that was cool. She would go to bed around 8 or 8:30 pm and wake up around 7 or 7:30 am. It was heaven and every morning I would sing her a sleep through the night song and she would smile.
The last 3 nights she has woken up, but just once. The paci isn't working and neither is rocking her to bed so I feed her and put her back to bed. I guess she is going through a little growth spurt, or maybe she just needs to be fed once in the night. I have to admit, when she started sleeping through the night I worried that she wasn't getting enough food, lol. If it's not one thing it's the other :) But honestly, when I heard myself complaining about her getting up ONCE in the night, I had to mentally smack my own head because that is still very good.

So, Brian attended a Daddy Boot Camp class while I was pregnant and just raved about it, he absolutely loved it. He said it was very informative and they had veteran Dad's there with their babies to offer advice and tell them what to expect. Well, Brian is going to be a veteran Dad this Saturday :) He's taking Bria for this 3 hour class, from 9-12. I am beyond thrilled because I think it's great, but in my mind I'm going crazy. Bria and I won't do our morning routine?! I'm sure she'll survive but I don't think I will. I'll just walk around the house aimlessly. Anyway, I think it'll be fun for them.

I had a wonderful Mother's Day, Brian and Bria got me flowers, an adorable card, and a Jeep jogging stroller! We took it out for a test drive and man is it smooth. I love it.

Tummy time is a bit frustrating, we are suppose to do it 15-20 minutes twice a day. Let me just say, there is no way she can last 15 minutes on her tummy. At first she doesn't mind it, she finds her hand and sucks away. But then she starts to get bored or frustrated and is ready to be on her back again. I'm not sure how we are going to build her neck strength up, she needs some serious head control. She is getting better but still wobbles a little bit.
She does love her hands though, she can suck on those things for awhile and be pretty content. She finds her thumb every once and awhile but right now she attempts to fit all 5 fingers in there.
She's been doing this new thing where she sucks on her bottom lip, it's funny to see it disappear.

Let's see, Brian is still busy with homework and work so nothing new there. I am loving being a SAHM so nothing new there either. Bria enjoys her bath, going for walks, and being outside. Luckily it is suppose to be really nice out so I'm looking forward to spending a lot of time out there.

Other than that we're just plugging along. I'll leave you with some pictures as always.

Finally, a picture with me and my little girl :)

I could do this all day, I love it.
Oh yeah, and I cut my hair. I told my hair stylist that I didn't want to do the mom thing and chop it, but I needed a style that only required 2 minutes from me each morning. He did deliver! It's not my favorite in terms of how it looks, but I do love how low maintenance it is.

Bria loves Peter the pig, she'll smile and smile at him. I think it's her favorite part about being in the car.

It looks like she is about to punch him, but she is just very animated when she talks to him


Smiling for mommy

"I gave you a smile, now can we be done with the pictures?"
That was the last time she wore that onesie, it is officially too small now. Sigh.

Tiny Giggles! We have some tiny gigles from our little Bria, her favorite is to tip her head back and make the "o" sound, so I do that over and over to get her to giggle. It's pretty cute, minus my annoying voice:

4 comments:

Silvina said...

She's so adorable!!! I love her little giggles.

Danielle said...

Don't you love the Jeep Jogger?? I love ours. It just glides over the sidewalks! haha. Bria is sooo cute! I love the little giggles!! PS..I have the same hairdo now :-)

Lindsay said...

Oh, I love the hair cut. I actually think it looks really cute! Bria, as always, is adorable.

flojat said...

Love your hair, and the new pics are adorable!