Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Grandma

We love our grandma. Having her visit has been such a treat for us.

Grandma and Jenny
Bria of course loved her right away and just smiled and smiled at her. There is just something about her that draws you in, babies and all.
Watching my grandma sing lullabies to Bria and rock her to sleep is just such a good feeling, I love it.




Bria was sleeping peacefully on Grandma and then started waking up and of course spit up. Then she decided to turn her head from side to side and spread it all over her face, it was priceless.
Before the spit up incident:
Grandma rocking and singing Bria to sleep:
Aunt Jenny holding little Bria:
Grandma taught us how to make Swiss steak and I am so excited to make it for Brian, I think he'll really like it. We also made fresh strawberry jam, although I was feeding Bria through most of it but I heard what they were doing in the kitchen. We played games, talked, and just had a wonderful visit. I'm sad she is going home tomorrow to Arizona, but I know she'll be happy to see her little dog and go visit Grandpa.
When Brian finishes his master he'll shoot his resume out just to see and Arizona is one of the places he'll look at, wouldn't that be fun :) Nobody freak out, it's just a thought.

So as you can see we've had a great couple days. Bria has been wonderful, especially at night, I feel like a new woman. I have such a good sleeper!
Speaking of sleepers, her 0-3 month sleepers are just about too short. It's so sad, but at least she wore them all. Her 0-3 month onesies still fit her perfectly, but the sleepers just don't allow her legs to stretch all the way out. So I opened up my 3-6 month tote and got out the 2 sleepers that were in there, I may have to go purchase a few more. It's sad to start putting away her baby clothes, she is growing so fast.

Bria loves to talk, it's fun to lay her down on a blanket or put her in the bouncy and just listen to her talk, she gets very excited as you can see:



Her onesie says it all, she is just perfect.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I'm glad you all had such a nice visit! Swiss Steak sounds yummy, you might need to pass along that recipe. ;-)

Robyn Baird said...

It's so fun to hear all about your experiences as a new mother. You just take it all in and enjoy every minute of it. It's so refreshing!