Wednesday, May 20, 2009

3 months old




Bria is 3 months old today! 3 months ago she entered our world and flipped it upside down :)
On the one hand it feels like she has been with us all along, on the other I can't believe she is already 3 months. It's true what they say, "The days are long but the years are short."

I do love her more and more each day. I love how I smile at her and she smiles right back, how she talks to her mobile and the toys on her exercise mat, her adorable laugh that she just discovered, her kissable cheeks, her tiny feet, her little voice, the list goes on. Bottom line, I love her and she brings so much joy to our world.

I was thinking back to the first 2 weeks and how rough they were. I remember dreading the night time because I knew it was going to be bad. When it started getting dark my stomach would hurt and I couldn't eat, I didn't want to have to go to bed just to wake up an hour later. Ugh. It seemed she wanted to fuss all night, or eat all night, or just be awake all night. Anything but sleep. I also wish I would have slept during the day when she did instead of doing the dishes or straightening the house, I was crazy. If I could go back I would just nap all day long and forget about the dishes, pretty much do what everyone told me to do.
But those times are in the past and little miss Bria does much better at night. Like I said yesterday, she sleeps through the night sometimes, and other times wakes up once to eat. I really wish I could figure out what makes her wake up and not want to go back to sleep. Oh well, she's still a good little sleeper and I'm very thankful for that. Although last night she was apparently very excited about turning 3 months old and couldn't sleep, she was up 3 times and inconsolable. Not sure if she was in pain or what but it was definitely out of character for her.

Brian and I are having a blast trying to make her laugh everyday now, we love the sound of it. I could listen to her laugh all day, it warms my heart. Her smile makes me so happy, especially when she sticks out her tongue to smile. I have a hard time catching smiles on camera because she freezes when she sees it.
She is getting a little better at tummy time, we do short intervals which seemed to have helped. I help roll her from tummy to back and back to tummy and she enjoys that. Her head control is getting better. Some days she spits up less while others' she spits up lots.
She is starting to mainly wear her 3-6 month clothes, although she has Carter onesies that are 0-3 and still fit really well. Her Gerber onesies on the other hand are smaller so she has almost outgrown the 3-6 months ones. Funny how different brands are completely different sizes.
She still wears size 1 diapers and we have discovered that Pampers are the best. Costco and Huggies decided to redesign their diapers and they are crap. Seriously, she was blowing out every diaper, even when she just went potty. The Pampers are holding up like champions and we are very grateful for that.

Her hair is still dark in the back but is lightening up on top, she also has that standard bald spot in the back. Her eyes are very blue and so pretty.

The requested onesie picture:


"What you doing mom?"

My big girl enjoying her toys:

Good job Bria!

We love her to pieces! Happy 3 month birthday my sweetheart.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a joy she is for all of us!!

Love you,
Mom

The Beavers said...

I love that you are loving motherhood and staying at home! Your posts are always full of love and happiness and it's so refreshing to read! Summer is coming which means we need to get together for a fun bbq/play date!!!

E said...

I didn't realize that she and Lyla are exactly one month apart! She's so beautiful and getting so big. For some reason Lyla does better with tummy time with just Emilio and me out of sight. Maybe Lyla could talk to Bria about tummy time and Bria could teach Lyla how to sleep at night.

Kari said...

Wow, 3 months already? That went fast to me too! It's true about the clothing sizes. It's also funny how different diapers fit different kids. I had the same problem with blow-outs with Pampers for Boo. Something about how they fit her legs, or didn't, and she's leak right through. Glad you found what works!