Sunday, July 22, 2007

Taking it one day at a time

Not a lot to report here at the Holcomb Hideaway, just working and trying to keep on top of stuff.

Brian's job is keeping him very busy, which we knew from the beginning. It's a little tough at times and very stressful and we just have to remind ourselves we prayed about this and it is what was meant to be. We know it'll get better, especailly as he learns it more and feels comfortable and confident with his skills.

On Friday we watched my little sisters, Abby and Cassidy and had a good time. I took them for a mile bike ride to try and wear them out a bit :) Then we came back and had big soft pretzels for a snack with chocolate milk. We watch Lilo and Stitch, which I hadn't seen before and thought it was cute. Then we played house with our dolls, we took them to church and had Christmas morning. It was fun and I think they enjoyed themselves. When my Dad and Anna came to pick them up Abby was zonked out snoring and Cassidy was laying next to me. So precious.

Saturday Brian worked in the morning since it was Harry Potter day while I did some laundry and then went shopping. Old Navy was having a clearance sale and I got 2 shirts and a cute toy for MJ. We went and saw my sister and the kids for awhile and then grabbed some dinner.

That night Travis and Sara came over and so did our neighbors! It's always fun when you have nice neighbors. They moved in about a month ago and we introduced ourselves a week or so ago. Yesterday Brian saw Chris (the husband) weeding their yard by hand so he let him use our Weed Hound which we love. That night he gave it back and said they were getting one because that was the coolest thing ever! His wife, Brandy, said she has never seen him so excited about something :) So they came over and we had a great time. They moved here from Texas because he got a job at HP as an engineer. Anyway, they are very sweet and we were excited they came over.

Today Jaime and my mom and I got together to do some planning for Jenny's bridal shower on August 25th. It's at our house which I am excited about. When I got home we BBQ'd some tri-tip steak, yum and watched some Friends.

Now the weekend is coming to an end and it's back to work. Have a great week!

1 comment:

The Clarks said...

I'm glad to hear things are going so well! We had a great time hanging out Saturday! Thanks for having us!
Love ya!