Monday, July 02, 2007

Operation: Hard Body

So I am getting serious about shaping my body up and exercising. With my new job I won't be running on lunch, which means before or after work. After work is a lost cause, I get home and the first thing we do is eat dinner. After dinner I don't want to run right away as my stomach is full, so I say I'll wait an hour. An hour goes by and I'm tired and the thought of running is not appealing. So, I decided I need to buck up and run before I go to work. So it's 5 AM wake up for me during the week!!!
Saturday I woke up at 9 AM and went running for 2 1/2 miles with MJ, then did pilates for 20 minutes when I got home. I was feeling great! Sunday I decided to just do the 20 minute pilates but it still felt really good. I woke up this morning at 5 AM and went running with MJ. I am so hoping I can keep this up, it is of course easier when you have someone to run with so you have that obligation that you HAVE to get up, but hopefully I can stay strong and motivated on my own! I plan on doing some pilates tonight when I get home :)

We had a great weekend running some errands, watching my nieces and nephew, spending time with friends and family. I used my gift card at Maurices on Saturday and had a blast! I also used some of my Starbucks gift card, yum :)
We've been having a problem with our camera shutting off right after we turn it on, we kept thinking our batteries were bad, but we put brand new batteries in and it is still doing it. Sometimes it will stay on, thus the reason I have been able to capture some moments. But on Sunday I was trying to take a picture of the kids and it would NOT stay on. I am not a happy camper as I LOVE pictures. So I think we're gonna have to take it to Costco and figure something out. It is only a year and a half old, it has never been dropped or through any sort of tragedy so I have absolutely no idea why it is acting up. We definitely have to figure it out before Hawaii because I am not going to Hawaii camera-less, that is for sure!

I am at work right now, anxious for month end to start swamping my desk, but trying not to stress too much. This is my last Monday at Allied, yay!! This week will not go fast enough, I can already tell. I am grateful for the 4th as we'll have a break right in the middle of the week.

Speaking of the 4th, it is suppose to be in the 90's this week! It will be nice to enjoy the 4th with lots of sunshine, but hopefully our house doesn't get too hot! I think we are going to the Riverfront festival in Corvallis on Tuesday the 3rd to watch the fireworks, then on the 4th we are going to Brian's Dad's house to BBQ. I think we'll head back to Corvallis Wednesday night to enjoy more fireworks! MJ doesn't like the noise and she ends up barking everytime she hears fireworks go off because it scares her, it will be fun trying to quiet her down!

This weekend we our going to our friends', Marcus and Gretchen's wedding! They are getting married on 07-07-07 :) Brian is the officiant and I know he is excited for it. That might seem random that Brian can officiate weddings, he was ordained by his high school teacher and then completed the paperwork. The first couple he married was Tiff and Eric 6 years ago and from what I hear there was not a dry eye in the house. He has a way with words that is incredibly touching. Since then he has married a co-worker at a very casual wedding, so casual it was done at a restaurant, Michael's Landing for my local readers. Then he married Tracie and Cassidy (Cassidy is Shane Beaver's brother) in Klamath Falls. He is also marrying my sister and Kyle in Hawaii! He says he is the most nervous about that one because it's in front of all the in laws! But he is so excited and honored, plus I know he will be awesome! I think it is so special that he will be the one joining them in their life together.

Alrighty, I guess I should mentally prepare for month end and maybe get some work done ;-) Have a wonderful week everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Starbucks! Yum is right. That is crazy Brian can marry couples. How cool. HAve a great 4th of July. :)