Monday, July 09, 2007

Catching Up


First, the weekend.
We had a great weekend, seriously! Friday we went to bed nice and early since we were getting up at 7 to get ready for the wedding, which was at noon. It was a little cloudy in the morning, perfect for taking pictures! Then the clouds parted and the sun shined for the bride and groom. It was a short ceremony, just as they wanted and then the reception began. Our camera was acting up so I only snapped a few pictures, but the place was gorgeous. It had a beautiful lake with bridges you could walk over and swans swimming about.
Afterwards we went to dinner with Nate and Amy and then met back up with the bride and groom and some friends in the bar of the hotel. We had a great time drinking and talking.

Sunday we came back and decided instead of doing housework, we were going to float the river with our friends! So, we did :) We were so glad we did because the weather was perfect and the river was a great temperature (usually it's ice cold!).

Today.
My first day went very well. It was pretty standard as far as first days go with filling out paperwork and meeting everyone, I didn't actually get to learn anything new, that will start tomorrow.
But I went out to lunch with my boss and I really like her, she's so cool and we spent a majority of lunch talking about everything else but work! She is so supportive of whatever I want to do with my career, even if it's not in accounting. The whole department seemed really nice too, one of the ladies there who has worked for the state for 28 years, came over at 10 am when I was reading the policy manual and asked if I liked coffee, I of course said yes! She said she would like to buy me one so we got some coffee and sat outside for a little break. It was very sweet and made me so glad to be there!
I feel so blessed and feel this is where I am suppose to be. I am so thankful.

It was a successful first day and I hope it continues that way!

2 comments:

Kari said...

I'm so glad this is the right fit for you. What a nice change from where you were before. Do you mind the drive?

Robyn Baird said...

Lins it is so fun to read about your ever growing life. I'm so happy for the career changes for both you and Brian. :)
Robyn