Thursday, June 28, 2007

Pictures and Blessings

I wanted to post some pictures from my birthday dinner on Saturday night at the Melting Pot, they are somewhat in order (I wish blogger had a better way of uploading pictures!).

Brian and I outside of Bauer and Amy's apartment before we headed up to Portland, Travis took the picture and apparently said something pretty funny, at least Brian thought it was!:
Here are the girls at dinner, Amy, me, and Sarah
Here are the boys, Travis, Brian, and Bauer
I was pretty excited about the fondue as you can tell!
This is the infamous Yin and Yang chocolate fondue, sooooo good!!!

This is what was on the table at the restaurant that Brian got for me, so cute :)
Now back to dinner (out of order, sorry) this is what came with the chocolate fondue, yum.
Travis and Brian excited to dip into the chocolate:


Now onto the blessing part of the post, as the title stated. After we found out I got the job working for the State we were so happy and felt confident that it was meant to be and it was His will. I was nervous about the pay cut I was taking, but knew that we could get through it, we would just have to tighten the budget more. However, He was not done with the many blessings he has given our little family. I need to give a little background before I elaborate.
Brian has worked at UPS for 3 years. He started while he was still finishing up at OSU, being a preloader (the people that load the brown trucks) and working 3 AM to 8 AM. During Christmas he would work 12 AM to 8 AM and would never complain, I was so impressed! About a year after he started he was promoted to preload supervisor, still a part-time position and still the early shift, but it was a good step in his career. He spent almost a year in this position and then became a driver last May. Since drivers are seniority based he was a cut driver, meaning he would fill in for people when they were sick or on vacation, so he didn't have his own route. So, every morning he has to call in to see if he's on the list to drive, this got scary after we bought our house and there were some weeks he would only work 3 days. But as the summer approached and people had scheduled vacations it got better, he has been working 5 days a week for awhile which has been great. Brian is grateful for being able to move up within UPS as it is a great company, but he's always looking to better himself and is incredibly motivated. Thus, he has been striving to get into Management. UPS is huge on starting from the bottom and working your way up, which Brian has done. We have been told he would go into management for the last 6 months, and we would get excited at least once a month thinking that would be the day, but it never was.
Tuesday Brian called me at work and said, "I'm going into management tomorrow." And this time, it happened. Him and his boss drove up to Portland for Brian to meet everyone and do HR stuff to make it official. Brian and I could not be more thankful, we have been so blessed and feel so good about how everything is working out. I could not wipe the smile off my face all day at work, I am so happy and so proud of my husband, he truly deserves this and I know he will be such a good supervisor. His position is called an On Road Supervisor, he will be supervising the drivers, so it's a Monday-Friday day shift which is great. It's not necessarily 8-5 as they put in long hours, but close enough.
Here is my handsome husband in his suit:
I am so proud of you Brian, you are intelligent and motivated and I know you will continue to succeed in your career. I love you.
Love, your proud wife

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Brian! I know how long you have been waiting for this. He looks so GQ in his suit!
Love, Mom

Julia said...

So, cool you guys. Congrats on everything. Your dinner looked fun!

Kari said...

Annette and I decided: You are such a beautiful girl!