Monday, June 11, 2007

Monday Morning...

Well, the weekend is over and work has started again, can you sense my excitement? Yeah, me neither.
The only thing keeping me sane is the fact that this next weekend will be a 4 day weekend for Brian and I and we will be enjoying the sunshine in Shasta, ahhh, that sounds like heaven! Of course, there is one reason I will be sad, I can't spend Father's Day with my dad :( But don't worry Dad, I will make it up to you I promise!

Brian's mom is so gracious and willing to watch MJ for us while we are away, MJ LOVES it there so we know she'll be having fun while we are gone. It's funny how much I miss her when we are gone, I can't imagine how I will be with kids!

I keep forgetting to upload pictures while I am at home, doh! I will have to post the pictures from Lance's graduation, they turned out pretty good. Lance didn't want to use his crutches for graduation so he borrowed a cane from a friend and did it in style. Except he was pretty tired and worn out considering the cane didn't help take weight off his injured ankle. My mom went early to the graduation (3 hours!) and saved front row seats for all of us. Jenny made a special trip up for Buddy's graduation, all the way from Bend! We are a pretty loud group (minus Jaime she's the cute quiet one) so when they called Lance's name we all stood up and cheered as loud as we could, as it started to quiet down Brian, being the shy guy he is shouted, "WE KNEW YOU COULD DO IT!" All of his classmates turned around and were laughing, it was pretty funny, that's my husband!
Anyway, we took pictures afterwards with Lance and then he headed off to the Senior all-night party and the rest of us went out to dinner. It was a fun night :) I am so proud of my little brother, he has turned into such an amazing young man with a good head on his shoulders. When my parents got divorced my 2 sisters lived with my Dad and Lance and I lived with my Mom. I was devestated that I didn't get to get all the benefits of having older sisters, but I will forever be thankful I spent those years with Lance, developing such a close relationship with him. Don't get me wrong, we had our sibling rivalry moments, but for the most part we had fun together. We definitely have the same sense of humor, when we get together we quote our favorite movies (Liar Liar, and Tommy Boy) like you wouldn't believe, we laugh at the same stupid stuff too :) Love you Buddy!

This last weekend was pretty boring and unproductive, I finished my book, the last one in the Redemption series by Karen Kingsbury and Gary Smalley. Sooooo good, I can't wait to get started on her next series, Firstborn. We did some errands at Costco, had to stock up the milk supply for the week, would you believe we go through at least 4 gallons of milk a week? We do!! We are both huge milk drinkers, if our kids are half the milk drinkers we are, we'll have to get another fridge just for milk! We went bowling on Saturday night with some friends and that was a lot of fun. Sunday was Lance's graduation party so we did that most the day.

Anyway, I better get back to work. Have a great Monday :)

1 comment:

Julia said...

That was so sweet what you wrote about Lance. I got a little teary Lindsey. I feel very close to my little brother too. Sounds like you had a fun weekend of celebrations. Yeah, I don't remember Brian being verry quiet in highschool. I don't think shy and Brian go in the same sentence.:)