Monday, June 25, 2007

Finally

Well, obviously I have been very unhappy in my current job and complain about it A LOT! However, I was doing something about it, I just didn't think it would be appropriate to blog about how I was looking for another job, just in case! So, I am excited to finally say that I got another job!! I can finally give my notice and get the heck outta here :)
My new job is an accountant 2 position working for the State, specifically Parks and Rec. The manager there is wonderful, she is a darn good accountant but she would love to be a teacher, so she said she enjoys teaching her staff and helping them develop their skills, which is exactly what I have been looking for.
I have only worked at Allied Waste for 10 months and never in my wildest dreams did I think I would be the type to get a new job so quickly. I would rather be loyal to a company and be the one who stays 25 years, but apparently Allied Waste was not the company. I prayed a lot about this new job, not that I wanted it so badly, but that whatever was meant to happen would happen, whatever was best for our little family. As the author Karen Kingsbury states often in her books, not my will be Yours be done.
My first day will be July 9th. The job is in Salem, which is about 1/2 hour north of Albany, so I have a little drive but it's half the drive Woodburn is so it is more than doable. I am nervous to start on this new adventure, but excited and confident that this is where I am suppose to go.

Well, 24 years ago today I joined the Armstrong family and things haven't been the same since ;-) I cannot believe I am 24 already, I remember when I was younger thinking that 24 was a mom age, yet I feel like I'm still a kid myself.
On Saturday we went to the Melting Pot in Portland with Nate & Amy and Sarah and Travis to celebrate my birthday. We had a great time, it is a 3 hour experience and the atomsphere is great. I have picures that I'll post a little later. When we got to our table there were balloons tied to a cute little bear, compliments of my cute husband, thanks babe! We all ordered the big night out, which is a four course meal. 1. Cheese fondue with bread and vegetables-this was delicious, but you can't go wrong with cheese! 2. Salad-could have done without it just because it took up room in my tummy! 3. Entree-Steak, salmon, chicken, and ahi tuna-the steak was my favorite by far! 4. Dessert-we got 2 kinds of chocolate, smores and yin and yang (white and dark chocolate), then they brought out a plate of strawberries, bananas, pineapple, cheesecake, graham crackers, and marshmellows-HOLY COW. I have never eaten that much dessert after a meal, it was soooo good! Both chocolates were amazing I could not get enough, YUMMY!
Afterwards we went back to Nate and Amy's for a little while and then headed home as it was already midnight and we were exhausted and stuffed! We had a great time and thank you to my friends for celebrating my birthday with me!
We are doing a family dinner tomorrow night which will be fun, we are having lasagna, salad, and bread, my classic favorite!

Brian and I were pretty productive this weekend. Both Saturday and Sunday I spent cleaning and doing laundry. Saturday Brian mowed the lawn and straightened up the garage, while I cleaned the bathrooms, did some laundry and cleaned the kitchen sink. Sunday I did more laundry and straightened things up in the kitchen and living room. The only thing I didn't get to was vaccuuming the upstairs, so sometime this week I need to do that, exciting stuff I know.

I hope everyone has a great Monday!

4 comments:

Kari said...

Yay! Congrats on the new job and Happy Birthday! That's wonderful! I hope you had a great day. ~Kari

Jensen Five said...

Happy Birthday, Lindsey-Lou!!! You're right--things haven't been the same in the Armstrong house since you arrived 24 years ago, but we wouldn't have it any other way!!! Love you, Jaime

Emilie said...

First of all, Happy birthday!!! The big 2 - 4! Haha! Im glad that you have a good time. How's the melting pot?? I heard it was pretty good...
Secondly, congrats on the new job!! That is awesome! I bet you will be a LOT happier there! Good luck and keep me updated missy!

Julia said...

Wow how exciting. I am glad that you are going to have a job change. That will make all the difference. Happy BIRTHDAY to you!! 24 huh??? You are getting oldddddddd :). I know that your sisters and brother are glad that you are in the family. I remember when you were really little and you were so shy and soft spoken and you had these ginormous blue eyes. You were such a pretty little girl--what am I saying--you still are. Happy birthday lindsey.