Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Countdown...

3 days and definitely counting until Shasta. This week started off a little rough in regards to work and I think a break will really help.

Brian and I had a "good" conversation yesterday, I say that because it started off as a disagreement but led to some good insights, very constuctive. My misery at work has really affected our home life and we both are at our wits end. Brian has been amazing and trying everything he can think of to console me: He tries to solve the problem (it's a guy thing), he tries to bring out the positive side, he just listens, he tries so hard. I love him so much for that and felt really bad yesterday when he explained that he was at a loss of what to do, he hates seeing me so unhappy and wants to fix it. I do to, but it's taking longer than we both thought.
The commute is killing me and it's about to get worse. My co-worker, carpool buddy, and most importantly my friend, Sarah, gave her 2 weeks and her last day is this Friday. I am so happy for her because she found a job she will really enjoy, an Office Manager, and it is in Albany. So, I am driving an hour to work and an hour home all by myself, 5 days a week.
Anyway, back to the conversation last night. Some days are easier than others and on those days I am really positive because I feel like I can breathe again, like I have been under water and someone just pulled me up for a breath of air. Other days it is not so good and I get really discouraged, feeling like I am sinking to the bottom of the ocean and I am swimming up to catch a breathe but have no idea where the water ends. So, I am up and down as you can tell, which is frustrating because I am usually a goofy dork who loves to be happy and laugh, but this job is sucking the life out of me.
We ended the night well, he just hugged me while I thought about how lucky I was. I have a job and I should be grateful for that.

So back to Shasta, we have a lot to do and not much time to do it. Packing will take awhile because we have to get all our camping gear in order and make sure we don't forget anything. Then we need to go grocery shopping for food and drinks. Our plan on Thursday is to take MJ to Brian's mom's house since we will be leaving directly after work on Friday, then go grocery shopping, and come back and load up the car completely so we can head out on the road. It is a good 5 to 6 hours away, so we are hoping to get off early so we don't get there too late. I am so thankful Brian's mom is so willing to watch MJ, it helps us out so much!! Thank you Mom!

I am going to try and post pictures before I leave since it's been awhile and I don't like posting just boring blurbs without some visual aids :) But no promises, I'm going to be busy getting ready for Shasta, yesssss!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you are having such a rough time with work. Have a great time camping. Hopefully things will get better. Enjoy your time off and don't forget to put kick up your feet and rest!!!

Julia said...

Sounds like you need a vacation. I hope you have a wonderful time! You will come back all refreshed and ready to work--yeah right. Well have a lot of fun. Tell your family hi.