Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Happy Birthday Abby!

My little sister, Abby, is turning 7 today and I cannot believe it! I remember when my stepmom, Anna, and my Dad told us they were pregnant; I was THRILLED! I had been begging my mom or dad to have another baby because Lance was getting old and I wanted a little one around :) My mom laughed, she had her 4 kids and she was done, understandable.
So when we found out little Abby Lynn was coming I was ecstatic to say the least. I remember getting the page from my dad (that's right, I had a pager at the time) sometime in the middle of the night and I was utterly confused so I went back to bed. When I woke up around 6 am for school it finally dawned on me that he paged the code I told him to when Anna went into labor!! I could not get to the hospital fast enough, and the 15 minute drive seemed like an hour. I finally got there and got to hold my first baby sister, she was precious.
She had such a distinct personality from the beginning, so spunky. She loves to have dance parties with us, as long as she is center stage. Now I see her getting so big, I mean playing soccer? Isn't she still a baby?? And this girl has some long skinny legs, she is tall for her age, can you believe it?!?! An Armstrong (my maiden name) girl who is tall, those are two words that historically have not been in the same sentence. My eldest sister, Jaime stands at 5 feet, Jenny and I are roughly 5 feet 2 inches, we all have sexy short legs (enter sarcasm here). Needless to say, Abby will represent us well in the modeling world with her long legs and stunning confidence. Love you Abbelina, Happy Birthday!

Today is also my friend, Sarah's birthday, she is turning 25, Happy Birthday!

On Thursday Lance graduates from High School and I am so excited to go and watch him walk across the stage, well hobble across the stage on his crutches. By the way, he is doing very well since his surgery, although very restless! I am excited to see him attend college and succeed there as I know he will :) Sunday him and his friend Zach are having a graduation party at my mom's which should be a lot of fun, hopefully the weather improves as it has been pretty dreary the past few days.

Brian is enjoying work and looking forward to starting classes for his masters at Marylhurst ( a college up near Portland). He will mostly take online classes but may take some weekend ones depending on what is required. He could potentially be starting this month, but it all depends on how smooth and fast the enrollment process goes, it has been moving forward so far, but sometimes it takes awhile. I know he enjoys being a UPS driver, UPS is a great company to work for. Management is always in the back of his mind and hopefully UPS keeps him in mind as well!

That is all for now, have a great Tuesday :)

3 comments:

Kari said...

Ok, first off, Armstrong legs are sexy...I'd give up mine for yours! And, how fun to have lots of siblings. While I don't think I have the stamina to have that many, I love being with large families! Very fun!

Julia said...

Gosh time flies. Lance is graduating and Abby is getting so old. Please tell Lance congrats from me. You and Jaime are off running again. That is so cool. You girls are so gorgeous. I am excited for Jenny to get married. Keep us all posted on the details. Have a great week Lindsey!

Kari said...

You were totally on that trip! I hiked the Mt. with you.