Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Weekend

Oh how I am so sad this long weekend is almost over. That one extra day off work makes a world of difference!
Friday night Brian and I had a BBQ that was a lot of fun. It started out with just Sara and Travis coming over to hang out and then continued to grow, we ended up having quite the turnout! We grilled some burgers, steaks, and corn on the cob, we had a delicious salad and yummy fruit too. So we are all hanging out, it's about 11:00, and it's a little warm in the house so we have the windows open. Apparently that was a mistake because we got the cops called on us!! We were in shock, now I am not going to say that we were all whispering by any means, but we were also not yelling or blasting music over our small speakers. Brian went out and talked to the officer who I think could tell we were not being that loud, he gave us a "warning" and was on his way. That made the evening rather eventful, I just cannot believe we got the cops called on us, how college does that sounds?!?! LOL! Brian went and talked to the neighbors across the street from us as we are friends with them and they said they didn't hear a thing from our house, we were relieved to hear that and are thinking it might be the lady next door. Guess we'll have to have people over for early BBQ's so we don't make her mad!!
Anyway, we had a good time with our friends. Amy and Bauer came down and brought Porter (their little miniature pincher) because we were watching him this weekend as they were headed to Vegas. We knew MJ would be excited to have a playmate all weekend! As I am typing this they are wrestling around and having a blast.

Here is Porter and MJ playing in the yard together
Hanging out at the BBQ, my brother Lance is waiving at the camera
We tried to get the heat lamp going but to no avail :(
From left, Erika (Sarah's best friend) , Sarah (co-worker and friend), and me
Saturday we woke up and went to my Grandpa's grave site with my mom & Randy, Jaime & the kids, and Lance to clean it up and put fresh flowers out there, it looked really pretty when we were done. I brought my camera but only caught one picture before the batteries died, bummer :( After we were done there we went to pizza at American Dream which is delicious! Our favorite pizza is called the Bent, it has bacon, meat, pepperoni, mushrooms, and olives, yummy! Except I pick off the mushrooms, ick.
The one picture I was able to get at the cemetery


Later that night we went to 2 more BBQ's and had a great time. The wind was pretty chilly and we needed to get home to the dogs so we called it an early night and headed home.

The rest of the weekend has been pretty chill, did some shopping with my mom in Portland which I haven't done in forever! It was really to spend some time there, except I kind of stranded Brian. I took the BMW as he was going to work on the Mazda. One little thing I forgot to do before I left was take the Mazda keys out of my purse, oops. So I told him to just take the Bug since the keys were at home, but the Mazda was parked behind the Bug so he couldn't get out. Man, I felt really bad!! He got a tiny glimpse to being a stay at home Dad with the 2 dogs, he said he had a hard time keeping track of both dogs and making sure they weren't getting into to trouble. He has always wanted twins and now he is rethinking that and said he just wants 1! :)



Well, I think I am going to go sit on the couch with my man and paint my toe nails, sounds like a good evening to me :) Have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

Emilie said...

Glad you had a nice LONG weekend!! I just kinda relax and hung out, nothing too exciting. Keep posting!! I miss ya!