Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Birthday Wishes

First, I intended to blog on Sunday, May 6th, strictly to wish my sister Jaime and her best friend, Julia a HAPPY 30th Birthday!! How incredible that they have the same birthday, they were meant to be best friends :)
We celebrated Jaime's 30th on Saturday at my moms house, the whole clan was there, Jenny drove up from Bend and my Dad and Anna walked down (they live right up the street, you may think that's weird, but it's so convenient!!). We had agreat time sitting outside, sipping margaritas, and talking. For a present we all pitched in and got her a mountain bike, she was really excited! I think the kids were excited too now that mommy can ride bikes with them.
We headed out around 7 to Tiff and Eric's housewarming/cinco de mayo party and had a great time. The whole gang was there and it was fun to talk with everyone. Miranda, who lived in Japan for 4 years teaching English, and now resides in Bend, is a very talented artist. She was given about 8 colored sharpies and promptly turned into a tattoo artist for the night :) I had her draw a gerbera daisy on my ankle and it turned out really pretty. Although if I ever get a real tattoo I wouldn't put it on my ankle, I think it would be on my lower back. I know, typical, but that's where I would want it. Nate & Amy, and Travis & Sarah joined us and I think they had a good time as well. We stayed pretty late and got home around 1:30 am, I was soooo tired!

Sunday was very lazy, we watched Band of Brothers, which by the way is soooo good. It was an HBO series about the 101st airbourne in WWII. It is a true story and is so powerful, I highly recommend it.
We decided we should be somewhat productive, so we went grocery shopping and spent an absurd amount as we had not gone for 2 weeks, ouch! When we got home Brian mowed the lawn and I cleaned the kitchen. Then we promptly went back to the couch and watched The Secret Garden, which is a very cute movie. Our couch is just too comfortable not to relax on, plus we need to enjoy this relaxtion time now since I hear once you start a family you don't have much of that!
Then the dreadful hour of bedtime came and I knew the week was about to start, sigh. The weather decided to be gloomy all weekend (except for a few blue skies here and there) and now it is 80, sunny, blue sky, and I had to sit in an office all day. Not to mention the guys in the office think if it's 80 outside it should be 50degress inside, so my summer attire is not fitting. Brrrr.

Lance is still recovering from his wreck. The good news is he doesn't have to have surgery to put a pin in it, yay! But his ankle is broken and since it's an open wound he has to clean it daily, ouch. He is still in a lot of pain and really tired of it, it's hard because I feel so helpless. Poor buddy :(

I am looking forward to Friday, 1) for the obvious reason that its the weekend! 2) I am getting my hair done, nothing special but that is always a good feeling, and 3) we are going to a play, A Mid Sumemr's Nights Dream at a local theatre. Craig's girlfriend Caren is in it which makes even more fun! Plus, I read that play in high school and college and really enjoyed it.
Sunday Brian and I are hosting Mother's Day at our house, I feel so grown up! We are planning on BBQing up some burgers, have a salad, some chips, and drinks in honor of what will hopefully be an 80 degree day!

Well, I think that about covers things with the Holcombs, hope everyone is having a good week and the sun is shining for everyone!

2 comments:

Jensen Five said...

Thank you Lindsey-Lou!!! I'm excited about having Mother's Day at your house! It should be really fun! Love ya

Julia said...

Thanks for the birthday wish. Man it would of been cool to have been up there and celebrated my 30th with my BFF. Maybe for our 40th we will do something fun and crazy! Glad to hear all is well with you and that you got relax over the weekend.