Monday, May 14, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

I hope all you mother's out there had a wonderful and relaxing mother's day yesterday :) Although the weather could have cooperated more, it was a great day over here! Brian and I had everyone at our house for a bbq and it turned out great (hopefully everyone else agrees!). Everyone brought food with them which was so nice, I felt bad that mother's had to bring stuff, but we have such a big family it's nice to have everyone bring a little something. Plus, they all make such good food! We provided the cheeseburgers with all the fixings, chips, and some pop, my mom and Randy brought over margarita stuff, a delicious fruit salad that had mangos, pineapples, grapes, and kiwi with a honey sauce over it, yum! Jaime and Schuyler brought over strawberry lemonade (which was delicious and a huge hit!), and 2 chocolate pies that were so good! My dad and Anna brought over an enormous caesar salad that was gone as it was sooo good. They also brought over the kids table which is essential and a bunch of toys for all the kiddies which kept them busy :) It was so fun to have the kids running around in the back yard playing soccer, Brian at the bbq, and the girls in the kitchen getting everything ready. We really wished Brian's mom and sisters were there as that would have completed the mothers day gang! She was in Portland spending the weekend relaxing with her eldest daughter, Heather. Brian thought she was going to be there until Sunday night, but she came back sooner so we wish we would have planned something for her to let her know how much we appreciate everything she does for us. She is so supportive and loving, I feel so blessed to have been so welcomed into their family, she makes me feel like I am apart of it and that is so important to me as I love spending time with all of our families!
I also want to tell my mom how much both Brian and I love and appreciate her. I feel so lucky to have such a great example of a mom while growing up, she raised 4 great kids, if I do say so myself! And now, she continues to give and give. It is from her that I learned how to be nurturing yet disciplined, organized and efficient, emotional yet strong. I love you mom and know my appreciation will continue to grow for you, especially when I become a mother myself.

Here are some pictures from Mother's Day:
From left: Kailey (4), Jaidyn (6), and Porter (2)
Brian and I
Jaime, my mom, and I
Porter cracking up!
My bro Lance
Speaking of becoming a mother, Jaime and Anna continue to give me all their baby stuff that the kids are growing out of. Our future nursery now has a crib and matching changing table, a bassinette, a Johnny Jumper, a play pen, and a glider chair. You'd think we were pregnant! But we are saving a lot of money by not having to go out and buy all this stuff so it is more than worth it to store it :) I always get so excited when they think of more and more things to give us that their kids have outgrown!

Our 1st anniversary is coming up, July 15th will be one year from the day we got married! I can't believe it's already been a year, it has truly been a wonderful and blessed year for us. We are planning on going to Seattle for the weekend and enjoying some nice dinners and just walk around, I am really excited to get away for a little bit, just the 2 of us :)
Here are some pictures from our first BBQ of the year :)
Brian and MJ

Brian flipping some burgers

Brian and I, sorry to blind you with the whiteness!

We also gave MJ a haircut this weekend, we like it and she is much cooler!

We painted our bedroom a light blue/grey color and are really happy with how it turned out:

That is all for today, enjoy your Monday!!

4 comments:

Julia said...

I love all of the pictures. Gosh you girls are still knockouts! Your mom and dad passed on some really good looking genes. I can't believe how old Lance is!!!!! Lindsey, he was just born when Jaime and I first met at dance festival. I am really feeling old. The party seems like it was a hit. The weather looks like it was really nice. Happy mothers day to a future momma!

Anonymous said...

Cute pic's!!! It sounds like you have everything you need for when that baby comes along. It's good you guys are waiting and focusing on being a married couple before a baby. It was the best thing for Jade and I to wait. It made us stronger and more prepared to throw someone else into the equation. :) Have a great day. Les

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh you know a Porter!!! Woah woah! I've never met any other Porters. So cool. I'm glad I found your blog!

Anonymous said...

Your nieces and nephew are super cute, and of course my niece couldn't be cuter!! You guys have done so much to your house already; I'm so envious, I want to buy a house!! Everything looks great; I can't wait to see it myself.

Sara