Monday, September 12, 2016

School time!

Summer has wrapped and school is officially underway. Part of me cannot believe how fast summer went, it seriously flew by. We stayed busy and made the most of it which I'm so grateful for. The other part of me feels like it was time to get back into a routine and have the girls and I not be under the same roof 24/7 :)

Bria started 2nd grade and we were so excited to find out she has Mrs. Herinckx. She was previously teaching kindergarten and shared a room with Bria's kindergarten teacher. We've always heard such positive things about her and I was just thrilled. Bria was ecstatic to find out that Ruby is still in her class as well. Also, their classroom is right off the library so we don't have to walk to the other little building. And last but not least, they got a brand spanking new playground! It's unbelievable. Our school was wildly overdue and the district knew it. The kids have been ecstatic and had so much fun on it already.


My beauty, stunning
Did I mention she got glasses this summer? And looks adorable!

In her classroom all ready to learn

After school playing on the new playground with her BFF, Ruby, and Reese

Reese started just today and she could not wait. All last week she was asking constantly when her school would start, I was clearly boring her to death. Either way, I love that she is so excited to go. Brian and I walked her into her classroom where she promptly went to play. We stood there wondering what to do and finally bid her a lovey farewell.
After 3 hours I picked her up and in true Reese fashion, she had very little to say. But it seems she had a successful day and her favorite part was playing outside. I love her little preschool and all the fun things they do for the kids, she will have music and Spanish twice a week, as well as individual reading time. Hoping for a fantastic year.


She is just too cute!!
"Bria, don't ruin my hair!"


"Mom, she's getting too close to me."

"Haha, I'm such a stinker." Okay, I made that last one up, but the other quotes are for real. She is such a sass monster!


 Seriously, these girls need time a part, they love each other but also need a break!

At her new preschool!

While my girls were both in school this morning I went for a 6.5 mile run! So clearly we are all enjoying this back to school thing.

No comments: