Friday, September 23, 2016

A hiking we will go

Yet another fun mom adventure with Lark and kids (I told you it was awesome having her on sabbatical this summer!). I've wanted to go to Silver Creek Falls and hike, especially with how much the girls love water falls. So we made the drive and got ready to explore.

Professional hikers

All 4 kids ready to go

Reese's pose is just perfect
 We chose to do a somewhat short hike, with 4 kids you don't want to over due it. And since Penny is just 2, and does not love to walk, Lark planned to carry her the whole way. I made her let me take a turn for a bit to give her back a rest. But we both took it as a time to get some good exercise!


 The kids had a great attitude and all needed to refuel by the time we reached our destination. We saw two huge waterfalls and got to walk under them.




Under one of the waterfalls
 Once we hiked back up we decided to let the kids play in the little creek before sticking them back in the car for our long drive home.
 I think they had the most fun here just playing around and being crazy. Lark and I enjoyed some wine spritzers and snacks.
Muscles!!

Drying off and warming up before the car ride
Loved being able to take these kids outside and explore Oregon...it is a pretty gorgeous state if you ask me!

No comments: