Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Routines are my jam

Special Occasions has been in business for 30 years and Kyle is growing it at a rapid rate. He is growing it so well that it was time for a bigger warehouse. Moving a 30 year old business is not easy and we were happy to lend a hand and hopefully be able to help ease his work load a teeny bit.

I picked up some shelves from Ikea for him and loaded up our car :)

 We spent a majority of a Saturday doing landscaping and shoveling gravel. Sunday I put the shelves together and they did more landscaping.

Family affair!
 After a hard days work we needed margaritas and some food!



 It's pretty worth it to come down and help because A) we are close enough to be able to, and B) the cousins get good quality fun in.

This girl, she's incredible

 The building looks amazing and since this picture they've done even more.
 Proud of them!

School has been going well and we have settled into a routine. Our mornings consist of getting dressed, breakfast, making lunch for Bria, and doing hair. Both girls know the routine, I definitely have to give them reminders to keep them on task but for the most part they do great.

She was so excited to wear her cowgirl boots :)


She wanted me to take a picture before school, I was more than happy too!

The tough part is timing the drop offs, the girls start time is almost identical (8:20 and 8:30 am), but I can drop Bria off at 8:05 am (earliest I am able to) and then drive to Reese's school and be there by 8:15 am, she starts at 8:20 am. So we have to leave our house by 7:55 am or it's all screwed up. Fortunately we have been able to do that so far.
Reese gets out at 11:40 am and her and I usually go run an errand or two, come home for lunch, she has quiet time and I try and get more work done. Then we leave to get Bria at 2:50 pm, she gets out at 3:05 pm. I let the girls play on the playground for awhile to get some energy out and then we head home for snacks, tv time, homework, dinner, play, finally bedtime.
I thrive on routine so I am loving this.

No comments: