Wednesday, April 23, 2014

The One with Easter

We celebrated Easter down in Corvallis with Grammy. We drove down Saturday and stopped by to see the Bauer's on our way. Had to get my Charlotte fix!! And apparently so did Bria :)
4 months old and cute as ever!

The first thing the girls wanted to see when we got to Grammy's was their new bed. Grammy found a daybed and wanted to get it for the girls to sleep on when they come down to visit. It was a successful purchase as the girls were thrilled when they saw it and despite bedtime starting off rocky...they slept all night in the same room! 
Clearly Bria runs warm whilst sleeping
In the morning they got to search for Easter eggs outside in their PJ's, each girl got 10 eggs and had a lot of fun finding them. We didn't have to help too much this year, they are getting good at this egg thing.


I've got my coffee in hand, no one will get hurt
 We want to do a picture of the girls on Grammy's bench each year, I just love Grammy's yard! However, we might have to switch benches at some point, they are getting so big!

2014
Past Easter's:
2012
2013
And let's look at our family pictures from all the Easter's since we had Bria, sounds fun right? :)

2009 (Bria was about 4 weeks old)
 
2010


2011 (Pregnant with Reese)

2012

 
2013

And this years:
2014
Back to what we did for Easter...after the girls found their eggs and opened them up to see what goodies they had, we died some eggs. This was our first year doing it and the girls enjoyed it quite a bit.
Then we got ready for church and headed out for another egg hunt, a brunch, and Easter service.
It was quite exhausting keeping the girls happy, behaved, and obedient.
This is a picture when we first arrived at church, before we had even gone inside:

 Notice the look on my face? I'm already done with my "terrific" two year old who was overtired and couldn't hold her s**t together. I'm a nice Mom huh? Just keepin' it real. I was tired and desperate for my girls to just behave!!!!

 They had fun finding eggs and ate a ton at the brunch, this foolishly made me believe they would behave during the 1 hour service.



 Brian and I took turns taking Reese out and finally I just stayed out with her because it was getting ridiculous. Bria did pretty well and behaved thankfully.
We left church and I was emotionally drained and ready for a stiff drink.
But the girls needed to run some energy off before we loaded them in the car.
 Bubbles to the rescue!
Once we packed up we headed to my Moms for a delicious late lunch/early dinner. Then to the Jensen's for a cousin Easter egg hunt.
This is usually the part where I post pictures.


Blerg.
I didn't take a one :( I forgot the camera so the ones at Grammy's were with Heather's phone. I'm bummed but I think Schuyler may have saved the day by taking a picture or two, and maybe a fabulous video that may or may not include a dance solo by yours truly.
Maybe.

No comments: