Monday, April 14, 2014

The Tulip Festival

 In Woodburn there is a tulip festival every year and even though I have lived in Oregon my whole life I have never been.
Last week Amanda and I took the kids and made the drive...and I'm so glad we did.

Not only was the weather perfect, but the rows and rows of tulips were unbelievable. It was so gorgeous. My camera just doesn't do it justice, so trust me when I say it's breathtaking.
Bria and Bennett

Wes and Reese...clearly the younger two are hard to capture :)



I think Amanda got one of all of them looking :)

Big shoes to fill

 My girls were so not in the camera mood. Some days they hate it, some days they love it, and other days they are blah about it.
This day they really didn't want anything to do with it...


 Seriously, you would think I was torturing them! Sheesh, can't a Mom try and capture some memories here!?!?!
We did have a good time despite their lack of picture taking attitude. It's very apparent that this place is family owned (at least that is my assumption, I could be way off) because they are just the sweetest. There are a few things you can pay money to do but there is also plenty of free stuff...










The kids had so much fun running through the tulip rows, swinging, going down slides, and going in the shoes for a ride. The farmer who drove them around in the shoes was the nicest man. First off we were $1 short and he said no worries, second he rescued Reese. Halfway down the road we saw him stop and get out and go get Reese. I felt horrible that the ride was cut short but was pleasantly surprised when he sweetly carried her to the front and finished the ride with her on his lap. It was the cutest thing. When the ride was over and he pulled up I could see him talking to her and helping her put her shoe back on that had fallen off. I thanked up profusely and he assured me it was no problem and that he volunteers at Head Start in the morning. Bless that mans heart.

It was such a good day and man did we wipe those kids out!!
At least the youngest two anyway, Bria and Bennett sat in back together laughing the whole way home.
Such a happy day.

No comments: