Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Track meet

The parks and rec here puts on an All Comers track meets on Wednesday nights during the summer, including little adorable kids. So Randi, Amanda, me and our families all went together and watched our little tracks stars tear it up.
I was so anxious to see how Bria would do and what she would think of it all. First up was the hurdles. Yes, they have hurdles for little kids. Yes, it was as cute as it sounds.
I don't have picture of Bria doing it, but here is a picture of one of Amanda's little boys, Weston (I know, I love that name too), doing the hurdles.
Adorable, right?
Bria did pretty well and she had fun which was the most important part to me, I want her to like the experience.
Then we waited around for the 200m dash, which is half the track. I was pretty excited because Randi and I have been running in the morning on the track together and we let Presleigh and Bria run some laps after we are done. I thought for sure she was gonna take off.
Stretching for the big race
 She did awesome for the first quarter and when we came around the turn all the parents were there cheering her on which she loved (I was running behind her). She also thought at that point she was done so when I let her know we had to go to the finish line she was a little frustrated and exhausted. The competitive side in me came out and I wanted her to run and finish it, but I knew better so I told her we could slow down and walk. She finished and got her ribbon :)
We are gonna do it again this Wednesday and I look forward to another great race, hehe.
Reese is giving Charleigh a pep talk (I can't get over the cuteness of this photo)

I freaking love my husband, he makes me smile

Randi and Amanda are two of the sweetest friends ever, they are the best

Bria and Bennett with their ribbons!!

The three track stars!

2 comments:

Brandi said...

A toddler track team? That is almost worth moving to Portland for!!!!! Bria is such a big girl. I can't wrap my brain around how long it's been :(

Anonymous said...

This is beyond adorable. Would love to see her at the track sometime soon. Amy