Monday, March 07, 2011

Gymnastics

So it's true, we are having another baby! We are so excited and can't wait for Bria to be a big sister. I am also a little scared, can I handle 2?! With the help of my Superman husband and awesome family, I know I'll survive :)

I found a gymnastics class for Bria that is once a week for half hour and parents participate. We went last week to the open gym part to check it out and Bria loved it. So today was our first day in the class and it was really fun. I learned just how cautious my little girl is, and also how she needs to learn to follow directions from a teacher. I think all the fun stuff to do and other kids were distracting to her so hopefully as we continue to go she'll learn to listen.
Here are some pictures from last week:
I put her in leggings and a onesie, closest thing I could get to a leotard :)

She loved the mini foam pit they had

They had a wide balance beam for little ones, so cute.

I think this class will help her develop some motor skills and learn to be more physical. Although, I may eat my words if she starts getting daring and climbs out of her crib ;)


Last week Heather and Amy came over because Amy wanted to give Bria her birthday present. I was thrilled to pieces that Amy found the ever impossible Terence doll. Bria LOVES Terence but it's hard to find things themed around him. She has a Terence book and that's it. So she was very excited to get Terence and loves carrying him around.




We had a really good weekend, it was busy but a very good busy. We ended up dropping Bria off with Aunt Heather on Saturday and going to Ikea with Jimmy, Erin, and Gabe. It was a fun trip and we got end tables for our bed and a new file cabinet. We're all sorts of organized now :) Afterwards we went to Yo cream for a tasty treat, Bria would've liked that part so I'll have to take her to one sometime.
Before Heather dropped Bria off that night we put our file cabinet together. There's nothing like some Ikea furniture to make you bond with your significant other. We seriously had fun putting it all together.
Sunday we had brunch with Marna and Heather. Marna has been in Kentucky for 5 weeks helping Sara with baby Gabriel since Jon deployed 10 days after he was born. Sara is doing really well and Marna had a blast spending so much time with her grandson.
After nap time it was clean the house time and it felt great to be so productive. Now it's Monday and I want it to be Friday already ;)

No comments: