Friday, March 18, 2011

She says funny things

Happy St. Patrick's Day (a day late)
Brian was in Arizona yesterday for work (he's back home this morning, I love his one day trips vs week trips :) so Bria and I had a pretty chill day here at home.
We vacuumed the house, which entailed me holding Bria's hand the entire time and she held the cord. This girl does not like the vacuum, but she's learning to deal with it as long as we have a hand on her.
We also ventured outside for a walk. Bria found lots of mud puddles and one big water puddle at the end. She eventually fell in the water puddle but that was a lot easier to clean up than the mud so it's all good.
Love her curls, her hair is getting so long...in the back, the sides still need to catch up so we can get rid of the crazy mullet style.

This weekend we don't have a ton of plans which is nice, it feels like we've been pretty busy every weekend for awhile so I'm excited to relax a bit.

Bria decided not to nap the entire week. I'm not sure what got into her, she would sit in her crib for almost 2 hours, talking. I actually didn't mind it because she'd fall asleep at night by 8 pm and then wake up between 8 and 8:30 am, score! Yesterday she actually did fall asleep but I woke her up at 3:15 pm so she would still be ready for bed. I don't know if this no nap thing will stick or if she'll go back to napping, time will tell.
Bria also crawled out of her crib the other day during nap time. This was a huge shocker as she has never been a climber. However, I put 3 books in there with her (since she wasn't sleeping) and one of them was pretty thick, she stacked them by the edge and used them to climb over. Hmm. We were going to race and get her big girl bed, but it hasn't happened since and I really think it was due to the books, so I'm hoping we can have her in the crib a little longer, I'm not ready for the big girl bed yet.

And I don't want to forget the funny things Bria says so here are some quotes from her:

{In the car, she hates the sun in her eyes}
"No sun, that's MY eyes!"

"Mom, I'm the boss. No you're the boss."

"Thank you, I appreciate that, bye bye."

"I'm so tired, my back hurts." She soooo copied this from me.

"You did a great job, Mom!" After going to the bathroom.

"I'm so glad to see you Daddy!" When he gets home from work.

There's more but I'll have to save them for another post. She sure is a character with a big personality :)

No comments: