Tuesday, March 01, 2011

February Snow

Unheard of in Oregon, February usually teases us with sunny days and leaves us anxiously awaiting Spring. But not this year, it has been FREEZING and then surprised us last week with a few inches of snow.
Bria is in love with snow, IN LOVE

When I went in to get her in the morning I opened her curtains so she could see the snow and the first thing she said was: "Sledding." She was so excited about the snow, but I was able to feed her breakfast before bundling her up and heading out in the white powder.
There is something about snow that is magical and beautiful...
...and delicious.
Good thing it was clean and powdery snow

Seriously, she thought it was the best treat ever.

And then she decided to lay down in it. I don't know how this girl wasn't frozen, I was freezing!

After about an hour I finally got her to come in and warm up. We drank some warm milk, watched a little tv and then played dress up.
Her bruise has now turned yellow with a little green. I don't like going out in public, people give me weird looks. Plus, she had a doctor's appt on Monday and I don't know if he believed she fell on a bike handle.
Her pretty dress up clothes.

The snow lasted about a day and now it is disgusting. It has rained nonstop for the last 2 days and I am sick to death of it. I pray we have a nice spring to make up for this crappy weather.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I"m glad your brother is home safe and sound! I love the snow pictures. Dillon had a bruise like that in the center of his forehead this summer and I felt like EVERYONE was judging me. haha Toddlers will be toddlers I guess!

Brandi said...

Poor Bria! Bikes make me nervous. And bruises are definitely an inescapable part of the joy of bike ownership. So glad you had a good time playing in the snow!