Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Zoo...again

We took Bria to the Zoo again, it was 11 months ago that we took her there for the first time and both times she did really well. I thought she would love seeing the animals since we read about them everyday, she did enjoy them but I think running around was the most fun for her. She loved the freedom and was so excited to climb on things and meet new friends.
It started out a little cloudy but soon warmed up to a gorgeous sunny day. We had a blast.

I cannot believe how much she has grown in the last year:

Last year

This year

Last year

This year

My bald baby has hair, yay!

Bria loved anything that was in water. I swear she would've been happy just looking at the fish tank all day!

This is Bria's hilarious "quack quack" face. She is such a character.

Checking out the views from a few stories up, on Daddy's shoulders

Riding a tractor with Mommy

She spent about .2 seconds in the stroller, the rest of the time she wanted to help push it or just walk on her own. Good thing we brought it.

"Roarrrr."

Taking a break to grab a quick snack.

All rejuvenated and ready to ride the hippo.

Bria loves giving kisses, so every statue got at least 2 kisses. They sanitize those every day right? ;)

Then she took a nap in the grass.
Not really, but wouldn't that have been adorable? She was just having fun rolling around in it.

The drums were a big hit, ba dump cha!


She loved the little cub statues they had:
"Hey there little cub."

"I'm just gonna take a seat on your belly since I fit in here so perfectly."

"Oh you need kisses!"

"Tickle, tickle."

Bria (and probably most toddlers) loves "driving" so anything with a steering wheel is a big hit.


Precious moments, I love when they walk hand in hand.

Checking out the Zebras.

Taking a quick break on Daddy's shoulder.
This was Brian's favorite part of the day.


This little girl is quite bossy, she sat on the ledge and then told me very sternly to sit down. So I did. Cuz she's cute. And I was tired anyway. And also because I didn't want her to throw a tantrum.

Tigers say roar.

Getting up close and personal with the Leopard.

Looking at the huge Seals swimming in their tanks.

I love doing family stuff together, we always have so much fun. Bria has a blast running around and exploring; it's so neat to see her take in the world. The smallest things bring a smile to her face and that is such a refreshing thing to see.
This transition period of moving up to Portland is a lot harder than we had anticipated and it's days like these that help me remember how blessed I truly am.
I love running my fingers through Bria's curly blond hair, and giving her big belly kisses, and tickling her rolly thighs. It's those small things that bring a smile to my face.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Looks like a wonderful day!