Monday, September 06, 2010

Arizona Baby

When times are stressful and your world is turned upside down, family helps flip things upright and reminds you that every journey in life helps you grow. Being in Arizona with my family made me realize that even though things seem stressful right now, this is a wonderful season in our lives and we are so blessed.
I had a wonderful time with my Grandma and Bria adores her GG (great grandma). Being at her house feels comfortable, it just fits.


We spent lots of time with family while we were there since I have 2 Aunts and Uncles and lots of cousins. It was really fun to have Bria play with all her second cousins and she of course spent a ton of time swimming. I even got to attend my cousin, Chelsea's baby shower!

My Aunt Christi has this cute little playroom under the stairs and Bria thought it was pretty neat that she could open the little door and look out the little windows.

Sitting in the playroom

And apparently she is getting ready for preschool because she loved carrying this little back pack around.

Even though it was almost as big as her :)

My Aunt Christi even had a cute little apron for her so she could help in the kitchen.

Bria LOVED my grandma's dog, Peppy, and she was so good at throwing the ball for him...even though it never went far, Peppy would still get excited to give Bria the ball.

There was quite a beautiful storm while we were there, of course while we were eating in a restaurant a torrential down pour was brewing outside. Brian was so sweet and got the car pulled around to the front but we still got completely soaked running to the car. We were laughing so hard, it was amazing how wet we got in such a short amount of time.

The sky was gorgeous. After it stopped raining we sat outside in Grandma's backyard and soaked up the beautiful sky and wonderful smell.

On the swing
Since Arizona has amazing malls, all of which are incredibly close to my Grandma's house, we made sure to make an appearance at 2 of them. Both had a wonderful play area for kids that Bria thoroughly enjoyed.
And she rode on a carousel for the first time which she loved so much that it was hard to get her off.

Every day Bria and I would go down to the club house and take a dip in the wonderful pool. It was perfect for kids and Bria had a blast with the sand.





We went to pizza one night with a bunch of the family and it was so much fun all getting together.
Bria all ready for pizza...of course she didn't eat any. Who doesn't like pizza?!


Bria was in a very kissy mood that night and kept wanting to give me hugs and kisses. It was horrible but I survived ;)

My beautiful and hilarious Aunt Cathy with my wonderful Grandma. Sorry Cathy, I know you specifically said not to put this on my blog but I had to because I love you. And sometimes I like to do the opposite of what I'm told ;)

Bria giving the cat hugs.

More swimming

We had such a good time and were sad to say goodbye, but we know we'll be back soon.
I'm so glad that when Brian has to travel it's to Arizona because I don't mind accompanying him there at all!
Happy family :)

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Bria is getting SO BIG! Her hair is so long. She is so adorable. I'm so happy to see all the exciting things that are happening in your family. I wish you all lots of luck!

Lindsay said...

Looks like you all had a GREAT trip!