Sunday, September 19, 2010

Fine motor skills and 18+ months

A couple weeks ago when we went to the coast I mentioned we stopped at a cute restaurant. Well they had a cute little game sitting on the tables and Bria had fun trying to stick the little pegs into the holes.
I was excited because I knew it was helping her develop her fine motor skills.
I'm such a Mom.
Concentrating

"Yay, I did it!"

Another one

"Victory!"


Bria loving on the bear outside the restaurant.

I keep meaning to do an 18 month post for Bria but since she will be 19 months tomorrow I think I missed that boat. So here is an update of Bria-isms:
  • Wears 12-18 months pants and 18-24 month shirts (gotta cover that buddha belly!)
  • Wears size 4 diapers, although they are a little big but still work
  • Runs now, although all she does is swing her arms and hips back and forth while she walks but she thinks she's going faster
  • Can count to 5 and sings most the ABC's
  • Has blond curly hair that gets longer every week
  • Wears size 4.5 shoes
  • Is such a cuddler and will come give me a hug while saying, "Mommy hug." Yeah, best part of my day for sure
  • LOVES dogs
  • Is such a good little talker and will try to say every word you do
  • Loves to sing along with me
  • Does not like the car
  • Is bossy (she is often telling me to sit on the couch with her or go over here or there)
  • Has developed into such a little character and has about 56 silly faces she makes on a daily basis
  • Has 12 teeth (4 front on both top and bottom and 4 molars)
  • Currently has a cold, bleh
  • Could live outside, she doesn't care if it's raining or sunny, she wants to be outside all the time, many of her tantrums are when I tell her we can't go outside...I'm such a meany
I still need to get her into a pediatrician but her current one is booked for a month so I think we'll just try to find one in Portland. My guess for her weight is 23 pounds and she's probably 31 inches or so.
She is such a talker and it's so nice to be able to communicate with her. When we were leaving Arizona my Grandma took us to the airport and I put her in her car seat and then sat up front. My grandma started the car and Bria goes, "Uh-oh." We turn around and I ask, "What's wrong Bria?" She looks at me and says, "Buckle." I had forgotten to buckle her in. My grandma and I couldn't believe that she reminded me to buckle her in, too funny.

She is doing pretty well with our transition, but I do notice a difference in her demeanor sometimes and like I have mentioned her sleeping has regressed. But this moving back and forth is hard on all of us so I don't blame her.
She keeps us busy and I now know why everyone said to enjoy it while she just laid there, this stage is full of exploring every cupboard in the house and testing my patience to the limit. But it is seriously so fun to see her many faces and her silly personality. I love it.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Dillon is in love with pegs too! Also, most of his tantrums are about wanting to go outside too! I can't believe she told you about her buckle. That amazing!