Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Bria's day

Bria is officially walking as a mode of transportation. I am so ecstatic. I LOVE seeing little babies start toddling around and watching Bria walk is just too fun. I'm not sure what clicked for her, maybe it was the 52,328 hours we logged in of walking with her holding onto 1 finger, or the 12,345 hours of her pushing her lion walker around, or if she got sick of walking where we walked and wanted to go in her own direction. Whatever the reason, it's wonderful and she is sooo much happier. Although, I think she has about 3 more teeth trying to come in so she can be quite clingy at times. I can see 2 on bottom and one on top, plus her nose is runny, plus she drools about a gallon of saliva a day.

"Mom, I thought I told you no more pictures."

She loves counting her toes, she'll usually say two and five :)


So big!

"If I smile will you stop taking my picture and let me play?"

Yesterday I was reading my blog posts from a year ago and I had so much fun revisiting my little baby Bria and how our life was. I was so happy that I posted so much and included pictures and her routine. I don't think I've mentioned our daily routine lately so I want to jot it down for memories sake:

7:15 am - She wakes up around this time (sometimes earlier, sometimes later) and talks in her crib, it's so fun to listen to her. I wait awhile before I go get her and we head downstairs for breakfast.

8:00 am - I clean up breakfast stuff while she plays then we sit down and play together which usually involves reading books, singing songs (Incy Wincy Spider, If You're Happy and You Know It), and counting her toes. I may also throw in 30 minutes of tv time for me, not always, but sometimes.

9:00 am - I usually decide to start being productive so I'll do laundry, take a shower, clean the floors, make the beds, that kind of thing. Bria is good about finding things to play with or help me :)

10:00 am - Sometimes Bria will have a snack, other days she'll just want to drink some milk (she is sooooo our daughter, the girl chugs milk like it's going out of style). We'll run errands, go to the library, go to water babies, have a play date, or go for a walk. Usually this is when we try and get out of the house...if I've managed to shower and look presentable for public.

12:00 pm - Lunch time! We both sit down to have some lunch and discuss our morning ;)

12:45 pm - Time for reading and then down for a nap.

3:00 pm - She wakes up between 2:15 and 3 usually, just depends. Bria takes awhile to wake up from her nap, the best thing to do is let her talk in her crib for a little bit and then go get her. If she took an extra long nap than she wakes up SOOO HAPPY. I would love to know the secret to her extra long naps :) I'll give her some milk or water and maybe a snack while she cuddles on my lap, she definitely likes cuddle time after her naps.

4:00 pm - Ellen is on and Bria will sometimes dance to the music so I like to turn it on, plus I may watch it occasionally. We also try and get out of the house and go for a walk, that always puts her in a good mood, she loves going to the park and swinging.

5:00 pm - Dinner time, well at least I start making dinner. Hopefully Daddy comes home at a good hour and he can help or at least eat dinner with us.

6:15 pm - Usually Daddy is home and they have their time to play while I go blog, clean, or read.

7:00 pm - Bath time for Bria! We usually let her run around naked for 10 minutes before bath time starts, she has a blast.

7:30 pm - Mommy and Daddy time, which usually consists of Brian doing homework and me cleaning up the downstairs. Then we'll watch our tv shows, talk, and head to bed.

Obviously every day is different, but this is a general idea.

Here is a video of Bria walking. She loves going into our guest bedroom and turning on the radio:

3 comments:

Danielle said...

She walks so well! She looks like she's been walking for months! Yay Bria!!

Kris and MaLanie said...

I love her face in that first picture. She looks so annoyed! Haha! Good job Bria on walking! I loved the video too - what a smart girl!

Sarah C said...

LOOK at her toddle around - what a big girl!

I love that she almost got distracted by the mirror in the hallway, like "hey, who is that hot girl"?