Friday, May 28, 2010

All because two people fell in love

That has become quite a popular little saying and I see it all over. But years ago, before it was popular, the first time I heard it was in reference to two amazing people in my life. Two people that have shown me unending love, happiness, laughter, and support. My grandpa and grandma Armstrong.
We have a very large family and at family reunions it is crazy to look around and know that because of these 2 people, we are all here.
About 8 years ago we received news that my grandpa had Alzheimer's. It's been a rough road since then and all my prayers have been with my grandma, my dad, and his siblings.
Things took a turn for the worst in these last few weeks and on Monday my grandpa left this Earth.

As sad as I am, I know he's in a better place and he finally has his memory back. He's happy again and remembers how much he was loved here; how much he loved dancing with my Grandma; how much he loved sitting in his chair and reading. Now he can sit and read his smart books again and make witty comments to get everyone laughing. He can tell his wonderfully entertaining stories from his Air Force days and teach people to play chess.

I sure wish we could have one more day to enjoy Grandpa.

I miss you so much Grandpa, and love you to the moon and back.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

What a beautiful tribute to your grandpa, I am so sorry for your loss.

Danielle said...

What a beautiful, touching post. I'm sorry about your Grandpa.

Cala said...

Sending my love to your family... We had no idea.. You are all in our thoughts and prayers. Just know, you will see him again... :) Lots of love..

L said...

I am so sorry for your loss. What a heartfelt post. ((hugs))