Thursday, December 31, 2009

No Monitor Required

We had a wonderful visitor on Tuesday and Wednesday. Aunt Heather stayed with us and Bria had a blast with her aunt. Plus, I was able to clean and take a nice long hot shower. It was pure heaven. I am currently trying to convince her and Amy to move in with us :)

How can you say no to this face?


The signature Bria look:

Being 10 months old has brought on some changes, Bria doesn't like me to put her down for bed or naps. Apparently she thinks I'm sitting her in a crib with tigers or something. I was worried it was separation anxiety setting in, but so far she still does really well with other people holding her. At least until she spots me and then looks at me like, "What are you doing woman? Hold me!"

I realize I've been posting a lot of bath pictures, but I can't help it. Babies are so cute in the bath!

Last night Bria had a pain of some sort and woke up screaming at midnight. Now, we have a baby monitor because with our fan going we can't hear a peep from Bria, even if she's crying really hard. Trust me, I've tested it. Anyway, I go in to see if a cuddle from mommy will help. I lay her down and then go back to the bedroom. Not only does it not work, but I can hear her screaming without the monitor on. Our fan is blaring, Brian is snoring (oh yeah, did I mention he's sick?) but I can hearing Bria crying as loud as she ever has. No monitor required to hear this scream.
Kudos Bria, you've got a good pair of lungs little one. I go back in to administer Tylenol, administer some cuddles, and then lay her back down. She cries for a second and then goes to sleep. Apparently she knew relief was on the way.
Then at about 3:45 am I awake to Brian moving every part of his body in an attempt to get comfortable. He's not feeling very well so I'm trying to be nice and ask him what I can do to help. I get him some medicine and water. 10 more minutes of him tossing and turning. I finally say what he always said to me during my pregnancy when I couldn't sleep, "Shouldn't one of us get a good nights rest?" I'm so mean. But he agreed and went to try and sleep on the couch. I'm going to the store to get him Nyquil today. Tonight is operation Get Brian to Pass Out. For both his sake and mine ;)

2 comments:

Robyn Baird said...

Perhaps a few beers might help! ;) I hope he feels better. I'm right there with him. Totally sucks!!!

The Beavers said...

These kind of nights sure make you appreciate a full night of sleep, don't they???!!!