Monday, December 14, 2009

Sweetness

We had another great and busy weekend that included lots of holiday treats. Every year my mom and sisters and I have a baking day which is always a ton of fun. We talk and bake and eat delicious treats for hours and hours. The cool thing is now Jaidyn and Kailey are old enough to get in the kitchen and help, it's so fun having them there and I can't wait until Bria is old enough to enjoy it with us. Not that there's an age requirement, but she's a little young to be frosting cookies. Or eating them for that matter.

I had Brian snap a few photos before we left the house, she just looked so darn cute:

I just love her.
While I baked with the girls, Brian took Bria to his step-sister's house for her daughter's birthday.
Here she is chillin' with Grandpa Holcomb:
Afterwards Brian and Bria came to pick me up and try all the goodies. Bria was really tired so I had Brian go upstairs and put her to sleep. This is what I found a little later:
So sweet.

Anyway, that evening we had some friends over for dinner, cookie decorating, and games. It ended up being so much fun we stayed up way too late. I am big on getting a good nights' rest so I was stressed about our lack of sleep, especially since I despise naps. But I decided I would just nap when Bria did on Sunday.

Sunday rolls around and we're having a lazy morning in our pj's. It was nice. Then came nap time for Bria, we did our usual nap time routine and I laid her down. She talked and talked and talked some more. Then she started crying and fussing so I went in to calm her down. She had pooped, I could smell it. So I changed her thinking to myself, Now she'll go to sleep.
I put her down and she cried and cried. So I gave up and got her out. I was very sad I missed a nap since that was the only thing that was getting me through the morning.
Bria took a nap about an hour later, and it was 20 minutes. Little did I know that was the only nap my daughter would take that day. I'm not sure why she didn't want to sleep, but she didn't. I was nervous for the night because bad naps usually mean a bad night for Bria, but she slept great. Phew. Brian and I went to bed nice and early which felt wonderful.

Did I mention Bria cut her 4th tooth? The girl got her 2 front teeth before Christmas :) It's crazy how old she looks with so many teeth in that tiny mouth.

I went to a mom's club playgroup today at Erin's house. Her and I have become close and we hang out at least once a week, she's been a life saver. Her little boy Gabe is 4 months and such a cutie, Bria and Gabe have fun smiling and talking together.

Bria loved their tree and the ornaments:
I decided it was time to put Bria in the big bath since she couldn't straighten out her legs in her little bath tub. She had fun and liked the space. I had Brian snap a few photos.

"Dad, are you seriously taking my picture in the bath tub?"


So apparently the Prevacid was working. We only got 2 weeks worth and when it was gone she was still spitting up. I knew it took awhile to start working but I thought it would've been working by then. Anyway, we decided not to get it refilled just yet to see what would happen. For about 3 days she didn't throw up at all, just a small spit up here and there. But then she started throwing up again. I think the Prevacid was finally in her system and doing it's job, but then we stopped giving it to her so it came back. Let's just say I called the compounding pharmacy and we are getting it filled pronto.
I am so happy that we found something that works, thank you Prevacid!

I am loving this age and it's going by way too fast. She is being such a ham and it cracks me up daily. She'll squint her nose and snort to make us laugh or give us a goofy smile. I just eat it up, she's so sweet.

Sigh.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Love the tub pics, too cute!

Im glad the Prevacid is working and giving Bria (and you) some relief

flojat said...

Love those giant eyes! What a gorgeous girl!

Sarah said...

That photo of Brian and Bria is TOO cute. TOO cute.

I'm glad to hear that the Prevacid is working. It is frustrating with how long it takes to work, but it is a miracle when it does! We found out that with compounding meds, you can't order a huge supply because they go bad. Just something to think about if you're headed out on vacation or something.

Carly said...

you can see in those bath pics just how much of a heartbreaked she will be- gosh lulu she is gorgeous!!! and the pic of her and brian is adorable :)