Monday, December 07, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

We were pretty productive this weekend which I think deserves a pat on the back ;) Well, Brian does since he did finals in the midst of our busyness.

Saturday Brian stayed home with Bria while I went out and did some Christmas shopping and errand running. I know shopping shouldn't be that hard with just one baby but it kind of is. Shopping alone felt really nice and it was so much quicker. After I was done we went and got our Christmas tree, decorated it, and wrapped all our presents.

It was FREEZING even though it looked nice and warm.

So Bria and I went inside their little greenhouse type place where they had free hot chocolate and a cute train that Bria enjoyed watching.

Funny story about decorating the tree:
I like when things match and am kind of type A, so our Christmas color theme is red and gold. That is what I put on the tree. Well Brian finds these silver and red streamer things from our Blazer days and thinks we should put them on.
I disagree and tell him they are NOT going on the tree. I didn't think he'd fight me on it but I was wrong. He wasn't giving up and I was not in the mode so I got mad. After I threw a 5 year old tantrum I realized it was Christmas time, and it didn't matter if the tree matched perfectly or not. We were all there together as a family decorating our tree, who cares if there is silver on the tree?! So I laughed at myself and told Brian to put on the streamers. He was very happy and everyday since then he has stopped to look at the tree, turn to me and say:
"That's a beautiful tree, those silver and red streamers look awesome."
He's right, they look awesome.
Here are our stockings hung with care:

Sunday we had Jaime take our Christmas card photos, I got our cards made and ordered (just picked them up this afternoon), I did laundry and other boring stuff, plus we even relaxed and watched Amazing Race. It was a really nice weekend and they'll only get better now that Brian is done with Fall term!!!
That's right, he is done with his finals and now he has a couple weeks off before he starts his FINAL term of his Masters. He has ONE term left, can you believe that!? Not 3, not 2, but ONE!!!!

Did I mention Brian only has one term left. Just one.

I purchased a baby gate on Saturday so we could keep Bria from tumbling down the stairs. She thinks it's a fun new toy.

Now it's a new game for her and she just smiles and laughs, good times.

6 comments:

Ro said...

The tree is lovely, Lulu!

Lindsay said...

I love the streamers on the tree. And we totally have the same stockings. Got to love PB!

Sarah said...

Sorry Linds, but Brian is right - those are lovely streamers! =D The whole house looks beautiful.

Shopping baby-free is SUCH a treat and you should take advantage of it whenever you can.

Congrats on being done with your Fall term Brian, and good luck next quarter!

Carly said...

your tree looks great! and that is funny she thinks the gate is a toy, too cute :)

Anonymous said...

Seriously this girl makes me smile like no other!! I'm so excited to get to know my niece at Christmas!! And congrats Briana on your last term!!

Sara

flojat said...

I think the tree is gorgeous!