Sunday, September 20, 2009

7 Months

Bria is officially closer to being a one year old than to her newborn days, whoa. Here is what she is doing at 7 months old:
  • Eats a bowl of oatmeal and a container of applesauce for breakfast, then a vegetable and fruit later in the day. She nurses about every 3 or 4 hours
  • Wears 6-9 month clothes and size 3 diapers
  • Smiles a lot and has the cutest squeals of delight
  • Laughs when we tickle her or hold her upside down
  • Laughs everyday, she is such a happy baby
  • Starting to get more hair, although it's very blond so it's hard to see
  • Takes very short naps, sleeps through the night about 70% of the time
  • Still needs a boppy while sitting up, but doing really well
  • Loves her baths
  • Babbles all the time and has the cutest little whisper babble
  • Loves when I read to her, especially "Look At You"
  • Grabs at everything in site, and I do mean EVERYTHING, she is especially interested in our cell phones and has a cell phone of her own (one of our old ones)
  • Takes sips of water from her sippy cup each day
  • Started reaching for me :)
  • Loves my toes (I think because they have nail polish on them)
  • Won't sit still very long and wants to be entertained all day (doesn't like when you leave the room)
  • Loves going for walks and rides in the car
  • Smiles at strangers
This is just the best stage and she is such a fun little baby. On her 7 month birthday little Bria participated in Race for the Cure and she was such a trooper (she even got her own little shirt!). I put her in the little Snugglie front carrier and we did the whole 5k walk together. She slept for the first 15 minutes and then spent the rest of the time people watching-which is quite amusing in Portland, Oregon.


Brian and I also took advantage of Aunt Heather and Aunt Amy by spending an afternoon out sans Bria. We went shopping to find Brian a suit and ended up going to 3 different stores/malls (darn ;). We found him a really nice suit at Macy's and it was a steal of a deal. Then we went to the Cheesecake Factory and had some drinks and appetizers. After that we walked around the mall a little more and had fun at White House Black Market (cutest clothes ever). I tried on some really cute clothes and shoes that were way out of our price range-but that's why it was fun :) Dare to dream.
While Mom and Daddy were away Bria was apparently very good for her Aunts. She played, took a nap (I was so happy Heather was able to put her down because Bria can put up quite a fight), and drank a bottle. By the time we got home it felt like an eternity since I'd seen her and I thought for sure Heather would be tapping her foot and waiting for us to get back. It had only been 3 hours and both Amy and Heather said it went really fast. Phew! So it sounds like they'll be willing to watch her again, score.

During our 7 month photo shoot Bria spotted MJ and tried to dive off the chair for her.

"Mmm, this is a good ear. Hey wait, there's MJ."
"What is she doing down there?"
"Oh that MJ is too funny!"
"I must get down and pet her!"
This is where I stepped in and saved Bria from jumping off the chair to go see MJ. I thought it was adorable that she wanted to go see MJ, but I also wanted to get a good picture.

And here it is:


Happy 7 month little girl, your mommy and daddy love you more than you'll ever know!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Bria is looking cuter and cuter every day! And what a good eater! Dillon still looks at me like I'm crazy when I try to give him solid foods. I can't believe you did a 5k walk carrying Bria. What a work out!

Emilie said...

love the pics with Thumper!