Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happy New Year!

A 4 day weekend is absolutely wonderful! Last night I was having a hard time thinking that we had to go back to work, at least it's only a 3 day week. We had a really nice weekend. Saturday was chore day, I cleaned and cleaned while Brian put up another shelf in our garage. He was overjoyed to use his Makita drill and very proud of his shelf, as am I. He went out in the garage many times to admire his work :-)

Sunday I read, and read, and read, and then I read. Twilight by Stephanie Meyer is now my favorite book ever. I finished Sunday night at 12:30 am (I didn't have to work Monday) and couldn't wait to get the sequel, New Moon. If Target was open I would've gone and bought it, seriously! Since they weren't open and we left for the beach on Monday, I got it yesterday. I am absolutely obsessed with this book, thank you Jaime for recommending it, and thanks Mom for getting it for me for Christmas! I am overjoyed that they are making it a movie and you know I will be the first one to the ticket line :-)

We had a good time at the Bauer's beach house for New Year's Eve. We played games, drank rapsberry bellini's (blended raspberries and orange juice with champagne) which were simply delicious! Then we watched Super Bad until the ball dropped at midnight. It was a great new year's and are grateful to have such wonderful friends!

Yesterday we went to Brandi and Chris' (they got back yesterday) and the guys watched the Super Bowl. Half time was spent playing tennis, Wii tennis. They got the Wii for Christmas and man that is a fun game! I've heard so many things about it but I hadn't ever played, I am hooked! We played tennis and boxed so needless to say I am sore today. It was well worth it!

I struggled to get out of bed today, I was tired and had no motivation. I'm having a hard time focusing today, mainly because I want to read my book! I was so bad about taking pictures on Christmas, but I got a few from my mom's camera.

Enjoying dinner!

Jaime, me, and Jenny

Kailey and Jaidyn with their favorite aunts' ;-)


Well, I better get back to work!

3 comments:

Julia said...

I finished Twilight on Saturday suffered all day Sunday because I couldn't wait to read "new moon" and on Monday bought the last 2 in the sequel. I am hooked! I love the characters in her story. Even thought a hard to relate to story line the people you can totally relate too. One of the best romance love stories ever!!!! We should all meet for the movie. Maybe you guys could come down for the Hollywood premiere. I could get us tickets for the red carpet. Ooo now I have a good idea!!!:)

Kris and MaLanie said...

I love the Twilight series! I just finished "New Moon" a couple of days ago. Kris bought the series for me for Christmas. Best books ever!! Richmond got a Wii for Christmas and now I want one too. I love it and I agree, it's a workout. :) Happy New Year!!

Tasha Coltrin said...

You have to read all of them. They are so good. I can't wait til the movie comes out. They are such good books. I'm waiting for the next one to come out.