Thursday, December 27, 2007

That was fast...

The Holidays are over :(
Christmas was wonderful and we made it to all four houses successfully. It was fun making all the rounds and seeing everyone, we were definitely exhausted Christmas night! I was really wishing we had one more day off to recuperate, but no such luck. At least I have Monday off so I get a four day weekend, that makes up for it.
Brian and I both got so many nice things from our families, they were suppose to go easy this year but I'm not sure they did! We got outdoor lighting for our backyard that we are really excited about, it included 5 spotlights for our Japanese maples. It's really going to lighten up our backyard, we'll have to have a dinner party in the summer out there :-) We got gift cards, a nice pitcher and glass set (can you believe I didn't have a pitcher?! Neither could my mom!), a large cooker, gorgeous glass rose bowl, and tons of fun stuff like candles, boxers, cookbooks, lotions, etc. I think one of my favorite parts was watching the kids open their presents, they get so excited I just love it!

We are going to the Bauer's beach house on Monday for New Year's Eve, I am looking forward to it. There is a fun group going and our plan is to just hang out at the house (a bonfire on the beach would be ideal but I think it'll be too cold and rainy!) and maybe go hot tubbing.

We've been watching Malise, Chris and Brandi's dog, while they went home to West Virginia for the Holidays. She is such a sweet dog, doesn't chew anything or have an accidents in the house. I like that her and MJ can keep each other company during the day too. It's fun to come home to two dogs who are so excited to see you, it's just a good feeling. It kind of makes me want another dog, but I don't know if I could go through the potty training again! Since Malise is a big dog with long black hair, vacuuming the hard wood everyday is a must. We use our little Shark which works really well, it makes me miss carpet though. With the hard wood (okay, it's pergo) dust bunnies are flying EVERYWHERE. At least with carpet I could vacuum every other day since it hides it a little better.
We are planning to get a nice big rug for our living room area, but man they are expensive. Especially because we need a large one, like a 10 X 13 which is a custom size. I think Home Depot might be our best bet, if anybody else knows of a good deal on rugs let me know!

This week at work has been rough, it's been quiet which is fine, but more than that it's my mentality. I'm just done, I have mentally checked out of work and have fast forwarded to the day we can finally start a family. I'm hoping next week I will be able to muster up some motivation and focus otherwise I'm not going to make it. I think Brian is done hearing about how I don't like my job so I decided I need to vent on my blog :-) He is very supportive but I think he can only handle so much complaining before he snaps. Since he loves his job it's hard for him to put himself in my shoes, although he tries. I've learned that sometimes your mom and sisters are the only ones who can comfort you. You too Dad ;-) I don't want to sound ungrateful though, I am very blessed to have a good job and a husband who is working hard so I can stay home and raise a family one day. Just wishing that day would come sooner!

Today is Anna's birthday so I want to wish her a Happy Birthday! I'm overjoyed you are in our lives Anna, thank you for making my Dad so happy. Abby and Cassidy are so very blessed to have a such a sweet mom and I will remind them that when they go through their teenage years ;-) Hope you have a wonderful and special day.

2 comments:

Robyn Baird said...

Well if it makes you feel any better I understand when you hate your job but you have to work for the time being. It makes it so hard to go to work. It will all be worth it in the end. Hang in there!

Julia said...

I can't believe how fast the month went by. Hang in there with your work. this will all be a distant memory one day when you are up to your elbows in diapers and cracker crumbs!