Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Car Maintenance, done

Since I had the day off yesterday, and the nice people at Lube Express and Les Schwab did not, I took the opportunity to get my oil changed, car washed, and winter tires put on. Yes, I realize it's already January and I am just putting my winter tires on, but oh well. It was a popular day for oil changes and tires changes, that's for sure! It took about 3 hours to do those things, but at least they are done and I can check them off my list.

I also did some laundry, cleaned our bathroom and took MJ for a walk. It was blue sky and beautiful yesterday, but it was about 2 degrees outside. So our little walk was mixed with jogging so I could try and stay somewhat warm. I enjoyed 2 cups of hot chocolate throughout the day to try and stay warm, which helped very much. MJ is doing very well, her bum is looking so much better. She doesn't need the cone anymore, and I just put the diaper on after we put the cream on, and because I pretend she's a baby, hehe :-) I also read a lot, I can't remember if I posted what I am currently reading, The Other Boleyn Girl, set back in the 1500's about King Henry VIII. I am really enjoying it although it is taking me a long time to read. Mainly because it is 700 pages of tiny print, but also I am not reading it as often as I was the Twilight series, which is a good thing, trust me!

Speaking of the Twilight series, I will give you one guess as to where they are filming Twilight. Portland, Oregon baby!!!! Can you believe it?! That's not even the best part, they are taking applications for extras!!! This is one of the few times I am thankful to live in Oregon :-)

Brian did lots and lots of homework this weekend. He is definitely overwhelmed with working full time and taking 2 classes, he is of course handling it better than I would. He can attest to the fact that I would throw myself on the floor in a 5 year old tantrum when I was going to school and things got stressful. He spent all day Sunday at the library and then came home and went right to the computer to do more. I was able to help him with his accounting homework so he could retire from school work at 8 pm and watch The Amazing Race with me :-) Work has been busy for him as well, he is suppose to go to a training next week in California. I am so happy he loves his job so much, I think that is what is keeping him sane right now. And of course the loving supportive wife he has :-)

I have been horrible about taking pictures lately so my posts are visually unappealing. I will make it a goal to take some, even if they are just of us lounging around. Alright, well I better get back to work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am in desperate need of an oil change myself! glad to hear that you had a relaxing day. I love days off besides the weekends.