Friday, January 18, 2008

MJ's bum and Birthday wishes

Poor little MJ, her scent gland in her bum got infected and exploded. Thursday morning Brian let her out to do her business and when she came back in she had some #2 remnants. We went to clean her off and I almost screamed, it looked like a hemorrhoid! What do I do? Google: dog hemorrhoids. Apparently dogs and cats can't get hemorrhoids (according to one Dr.) but it could be a rectal prolapse and to take them in right away. Well that freaked me out, so I call Brian and he made an appointment for 9:30 that morning with the vet. He took her in and they said one of her scent glands had bursted. They had a technician come in to hold her while the other lady cleaned out the puss and blood (gross, I know). Brian said it was a good thing I wasn't there because MJ was shaking and crying so loud that he almost had to leave the room. Bless her little heart. Our instructions are to give her 2 pills a day and inject an antibiotic cream in her wound twice a day. Then go back in a week so they can make sure it is healing properly. She has to wear the cone so she doesn't attempt to lick it. Guess she's preparing us for kids huh? :-)
Brandi and Chris (our neighbors) handed us a little diaper so we could try that out last night. It worked for awhile but I woke up at midnight and she had wiggled out of it so the cone went back on :( I hated leaving her today and almost took half a day, but Brandi generously offered to watch her and I am so grateful. I feel so much better knowing she is hanging out with Brandi and Malise (their dog) today.

I am so happy I have a 3 day weekend, I wish Brian did too but that's okay because I can use Monday to do chores and pamper MJ. I am excited for tonight because we are going to dinner with Trav & Sarah and Jeff (my co-worker from Allied Waste) and his girlfriend Maria. Then we're gonna head back to our house and play some games. We invited Brandi and Chris so hopefully they come as well.

Today is a special day, it's my sister's birthday!

Happy Birthday Jenny!!!
We are overjoyed she moved back here. I know she loved Bend and was sad to leave, but her family (and more importantly-her husband) is thrilled to have her back. Jenny is one of the most likable people I know. When people who know Jenny find out I'm her sister the first thing they say is, "Oh my gosh, I LOVE Jenny! She is just so sweet." It's true. I am so proud to say I'm her little sister. She is a very giving person and will do anything for the people she loves without a second thought. I love her so much and want to wish her a very happy birthday.

3 comments:

Cami said...

Sorry to hear about MJ. Happy Brithday Jenny!!

tegner two said...

thanks linds:) you are too generous...love you lots

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.