Sunday, January 13, 2008

Loving this Blog thing

So I have to say, this blog thing is really nice. Anytime I need advice or recommendations I know I can count on comments from the wonderful people who read our blog, thank you so much for all your advice. I feel like I'm cheating or something when I get all these fabulous ideas from everyone :)

Sundays are bittter sweet for me. On one hand I love them because I am usally productive and get a good chunk of chores done, we have a good dinner together, plus we watch America's Funniest Home Videos and The Amazing Race (courtesy of our rockin' bunny ears). On the other hand I almost feel sick thinking about going back to work and being locked in a cubicle for 8 hours out of the day. That's life though, and my job really isn't that bad, it would just be wonderful if I got to work with my co-workers from the Credit Union, hands down the best group of people ever!

Alright, enough complaining. Brian began installing our outside lighting that my Dad and Anna got us for Christmas. We need about 100 more feet of cable, but 2 of the 5 trees have spotlights in front of them and they look great. We are really looking forward to this summer when we can sit outside and enjoy our illuminated trees.
Speaking of summer, Brian had an A/C guy come out to give us an estimate on A/C. I know you're thinking we're crazy because we just received a bunch of bills this month, but we wouldn't do it right now, we would just like an idea of how much it would cost if we decided to get one. His estimate (keep in mind our house is already plumbed for A/C): $4300. Are you kidding me? I am no expert but I thought that was outrageous, as did Jaime. So, the search continues :)

Friday night we had a great time at a restaurant/bar called Sean's. My Mom and Randy invited us to go there because they were going with some of their friends. Brian called up Jenny and Kyle and layed the guilt trip down on Kyle. Brian and Kyle love to fight over the #1 son-in-law spot and Brian told him to come and see how #1 is done, they are pretty funny together. We had a great time, everyone went out on the dance floor and we had a blast. Rarely is Brian in the dancing mood so I was thrilled that he was dancing with me!

Alright, I need to begin my chores:
  • Laundry
  • Sweep hard wood floors
  • "Mop" hard wood floors
  • Clean kitchen
  • Decide what to make for dinner
  • Make dinner
  • Help Brian with his Accounting class-pretend to know everything since your occupation is an Accountant!

2 comments:

Cami said...

I also think that quote is outrageous. Keep looking.

Kari said...

I totally love this blogging network too. I'm so glad we reconnected!