Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Random things on my mind...

Football
Alright, so the game was a blast because I was there with my Dad, Jenny, and Brian. We had a great time together and since our seats were covered we didn't get wet :-) The first half was awesome. The Beavers scored 2 touchdowns while UCLA was slacking big time. The score was 12 to 14, Beavers leading, we were pumped.
Second half starts and it was downhill from there. In the last 8 minutes of the 4th quarter, UCLA scored 4 touchdowns! Ouch. The final score was 14 to 40, UCLA. It was pretty hard to keep routing for the Beavers, but true fans don't abandon their team during the hard times.
There was an article in the paper about our quarterbacks, past and present ones. They say the crowd is awesome when you're doing good, they can feel the love. But when you mess up they are the first to boo you. It made me feel horrible that when our quarterback, or any player for that matter, makes a mistake we do a 180 and instead of encouraging them, we get mad that they aren't perfect. Anyway, there's my take on football since I'm sooo knowledgeable (enter sarcastic smirk here).

Halloween
Brian and I sorted through the garage last night and found a few more Halloween decorations. We attempted to put up orange lights around our living room window, but they looked pink and were crooked and just tacky, so we took them down because we don't want to be THOSE neighbors. Instead we put up those ghost posters in our upstairs window with a strobe light behind it and it looks so good! I will try to capture a picture tonight but I don't think it will do it justice. Sometime this week I'm going to get the house decorated.

Babies
My baby fever is at an all time high right now. Usually I am baby hungry for a week and then the next week I think, "I can wait a few months." But so far I'm going on like 4 weeks of straight baby hunger and I'm just so ready to start a family. Brian is right there with me, although he's not quite as emotional about it as I am, weird I know. He even had a dream we had a baby girl (I dream we have kids all the time), we are both convinced our first will be a girl. But as long as it is healthy we really don't care about the sex. Obviously I am getting way ahead of myself though. I do have to say that my motivation to pay off debt is at an all time high as well. Since I'll be staying at home, the sooner we pay off debt, the sooner we can have kids.
Speaking of paying off debt................................We paid off our car yesterday!!!!!!!!!! We officially have no car payments and I am so proud. We have been working so hard to pay debt off and it felt so good to make that last payment on the car, a victory that makes it worth the sacrifices and keeps me focused on the end goal: Debt-free.

Thanks to everyone for advice on my work problem. I'm killing the bully with kindness and do everything to avoid interaction with her. It makes it hard that she is in the cubicle right next to me, but every time I have a question I go to everyone else I can possibly think of.

That's all for now, have a wonderful day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Linds on paying that car off. We don't have a car payment either and we love it!!!

Have a great day.

Cami said...

It is so freeing to not have debt. How exciting to have those paid off!

Robyn Baird said...

Congrats on paying off your car. It is such a great feeling to be debt free and I think it is a smart plan for you and Brian. Keep up the good work!

Julia said...

Congrats on paying off the car. What a relief. I would love to have our car paid off. Way to go guys!