Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Bend

Bend
So we headed off to Bend on Saturday morning for Julie's wedding. Brian and I decided we want to retire there, we love it. No wonder Jenny lives there ;-) It is just a gorgeous place with a wonderful small town feel, even though it's rapidly growing.

The wedding was very nice, it was held indoors and they stood in front of a warm fire place while they said their vows. We only got a few pictures from our trip because we forgot to charge our battery, doh. It was great spending time with friends we haven't seen all summer and we had so much fun. It was an afternoon wedding so after the reception we went and swam in the hotel pool with everyone. Since we didn't get the memo on swimming, we didn't bring our suits. So we went on a mission to find some cheap ones, however, it was October....in Bend, Oregon. No such luck. We found some clearance items for shorts and tanks and settled for that.

It's getting Cold!
Fall has definitely arrived in Oregon. It's been very cold and cloudy for the past few weeks, today it's foggy. What I really don't like is that it's dark on my way to work so I feel like I am up way too early. So far there hasn't been too much rain (for Oregon) but this week the forecast is rain, rain, rain, and rain. How depressing. Looks like we have cozy nights by the fireplace ahead of us.....guess it's not so bad :-)

Reading Recommendations?
So I've been reading a ton lately now that I work in Salem. I drive to a Park and Ride lot in Salem and catch a bus into downtown where I work, so on the bus ride I read. I have an hour lunch and I don't know very many people here so I read. On the bus ride back to my car, yep, I read. Obviously this is a good thing, but there's no way I can afford to buy a book a week, so we went and got library cards at the Albany Public Library, since we only had ones for the Corvallis Library. Last time I checked out 2 books by the author of Shopaholic, Sophie Kinsella. If you are looking for a fun read, I totally recommend all her books, they are hilarious. I also of course love Karen Kingsbury which I have mentioned before. If anybody has recommendations for other authors I would love some advice :-)

Enjoy your Tuesday!!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lindsay, I would recommend reading "A Thousand Splendid Suns." Definitely a good read. I am getting ready to start The Kite Runner...same author. I like anything by Lauren Weisberger. If you like non-fiction, I loved Brooke Shields, Down Came the Rain...I am anxious to read Jenny McCarthy's new book, "Louder Than Words." Hope this helps...:) Happy Tuesday to you, too. :)

Tasha Coltrin said...

Lindsey~~

All the girls here are reading these book by Stephenie Meyer. They are so good I can't put the books down. It is a series Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse and she had two more to come out. You can go to her website and read about them. Her website is stepheniemeyer.com

Mama Nirvana said...

I also recommend the Twilight series -- it will pull you in very quickly. A good book that will probably be in your library is called The Girl in Hyacinth Blue. I don't know the author, but it is divided up into good chapters. Perfect for intermittent reading.

Amy

Kris and MaLanie said...

I personally love Dean Koontz books, especially the Odd Thomas series. He writes fictional mysteries/thrillers. I am also reading the Bourne series by Robert Ludlum. They are quite a bit different from the movies but still really good.

Kari said...

I have lots of books I could recommend. I'm really enjoying Jodi Picoult right now. I have an eclectic taste though. Give me more of an idea of what you're looking for (genre...) and I'll pass on LOTS of books. I'm in Salem and could let you borrow some too. Just let me know! Happy reading. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Lindsay, I am a lurker on your blog. I love reading your stories and seeing your pictures. I also love to read a lot! I also enjoyed the Stephenie Meyer series. The books are for young adults but I could not put the down. Jodi Picoult is also a great author. Her books really get you thinking but they are a little depressing at times. You should check out the web site paperbackswap.com. You can trade books with other people for only the price of postage. It is a very easy to use website. I was very nervious about it but now I love it. Sorry for the long post!

Cala said...

Lindsey
Definately the Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer it is excellent. I also enjoy reading Nicholas Sparks and Kristen Hannah. Hope these will help you a bit!!

Lulu said...

Wow! I love all the suggestions and I am really excited to get started reading. Thank you so much everyone for all your recommendations.