Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Surviving

So far so good. 2 days down 11 to go until I have my hubby back, it can't go fast enough!
Sunday night I went over to my Dad's for dinner, meatloaf was on the menu and it was delicious. I had fun playing with my little sisters, we played with their dolls which I think I enjoyed too much for my age ;-) I chatted with my Dad and Anna and then watched America's Funniest Videos with my Dad. It was a great Sunday evening. Thanks Dad and Anna, love you guys!

Last night I enjoyed watching Dancing with the Stars (we still don't have cable but we get that channel through our bunny ears, yes we are those people) since Brian doesn't really like it. For those that watched, could you believe Marie Osmond fainted, that was crazy! Glad she's okay. By the way, I totally disagreed with the judges on Helio's performance, I thought he did so good.

Jenny's coming into town this weekend and we're gonna get together Friday night which I'm really excited about. I think we might go to Jaime's and hang out with the kids until they go to bed, then have some sister time. I haven't mentioned this to either sister yet, but don't you guys think that sounds like a good idea?

Some of the blogs I stalk do a Thought for Thursday (TFT) post every Thursday (obviously). Nicole posted a link to one and the topic was "The size of our bank accounts", this intrigued me so I clicked on it. Here is a blurb from the post:

"I work my {butt} off and am still totally broke. I like to shop but I am not extravagant and I have cut back significantly. Our house is a tiny shack and we don't take big vacations ect. I see all these huge houses, fancy cars and I wonder...how do people do it? Are we the only ones still living paycheck to paycheck? How do people budget? How do you work all the time and deny yourself and your kids any thing 'extra'? "

I definitely can relate to the feeling of living paycheck to paycheck, although right now it is a choice Brian and I make. We live off Brian's income and almost all of mine goes towards paying off debt, so things are tight. Sometimes we both get tired of scrimping and saving and just want to let loose a little and go out to dinner or buy some new clothes. But then we think about how we are making it easier on ourselves in the future, especially since I will be a stay at home mom. I guess what I am trying to say in a very round about way, is that I liked reading this post because it helped give me motivation. It is hard to get ahead nowadays and not feel like you are constantly trying to get above water. I just have to stay focused and remember the more debt we pay off now, the easier it will be in the future when we have one income. Not to say we won't look forward to payday :-) Our 2 student loans will be the only debt we will have in a few months (as well as our mortgage) and it will be a good feeling. It's a good thing student loans are only like 1-2% interest because I'm pretty sure we will be paying on those for years and years to come. I am glad to say they are worth it though, even if they are a hefty monthly payment.

Speaking of college, there is a chance I'll be going to the Beaver game this weekend! I'm pretty excited, especially since there are only 2 home games left. My sister-in-law Heather is looking for a ticket on Craig's list to see if she can find me a deal, she's really good at that, no pressure though Heather :-)

Sorry for the lack of pictures lately, I'm at work and I think it might be overboard if I brought my camera in and started downloading pictures. I better get back to work, enjoy your Tuesday :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is awesome to hear that you are Brian are so dedicated to paying off debt. A lot of people would love to, but can't or don't want to make the sacrifices. Good for you.

I agree with Julianne and Helio. I thought they did an awesome job, as well. I was shocked to see Maria faint. Jade was like, "was that part of the routine?" He didn't know it was live.

Hope you are surviving your time away from Brian. Hang in there. I am sure it will go fast.
It will definitely make you appreciate other that much more when he comes home.

Emilie said...

Im glad to hear that you are coping with Brian being away. That must be hard. But just think about how excited you both will be to see each other in 11 days.

You guys are smart about paying your debts off early ...some people wait and I think that is just silly. Now is the time to do it before kids and other commitments. Way to go!!!

Well hope that the rest of your week goes well. Just try to stay busy. That's what I do with Bobby being gone at school. Keep myself occupied. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey love I miss you too. I know its only been two days but it feels like weeks. I love you and can't wait until I see you again. I will roast some marshmellows for you while I am down here. Love your husband.

Tasha Coltrin said...

You have been tagged!!!