Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Diapers are OUTTA HERE!!!!

Stats:
Name: Reese Makena
Age: 22 months
Recent accomplishment: POTTY TRAINED!!!

I used the same method for Reese that I used for Bria and I am happy to report it was successful. A lot of people think I'm crazy because I'm super strict and rigid about it, meaning we don't leave the house for 3 solid days (the potty trainee and myself). But it works so it's more than worth it.
If you want to use the same method, it's Lora Jensen's 3 day method and it is awesome. I can offer my words of wisdom as well but I pretty much follow her step by step and don't stray.

By the second half of the first day Reese understood to go on the toilet. She would start in her underwear, stop and say Poop (not sure why it's poop and not potty but it works), then finish on the toilet. 
By the second half of the second day she had got the hang of it and by the third day she was a champ. She stays dry during naps, but nighttime she is still wetting. So even though Lora says no to pull-ups, I'm doing them at night. I gave it the old college try, but we did the same with Bria and she didn't regress at all. Plus, she told us when she wanted to stop using them and hasn't looked back. 

First day and we were already stir crazy

Sister hugs. The 2T underwear is a little big on her :)
She didn't poop the first day and ended up pooping at night (fortunately it was solid so it wasn't that bad to clean up). But then pooped the next two days in the toilet. She is still very hesitant about pooping in the toilet and it takes her a few times of going back and forth to actually go, and it's been in the upstairs bathroom every single time. So I think that will be ongoing for a little while, trying to get her comfortable pooping in it. I knew we got lucky with Bria not having an issue at all, she was pooping in public restrooms right away!

Big girl!
We are incredibly proud of Reese and so thrilled to be done with diapers, wahoo!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome! Love, Yaya