Thursday, August 01, 2013

Locked out

This little contraption is courtesy of my smart self...because I locked myself out of the house after taking the girls to the park.
Brian was on a business trip (he didn't have his house key either anyway) and we haven't been smart enough to give an extra key to Heather or hide one around our house.
And of course, as luck would have it, the only unlocked window was on the second floor.
I actually consider myself lucky that a window was unlocked, that is very rare in our house. Our ladder was not tall enough (my 5 '3 status didn't help) even when I put it on top of the chairs. So I put the chairs on the step, and that was better.
I handed Bria my phone and told her to call 911 if I fell.
I made it in.
Brian wasn't sure whether to be proud or mad at me.

No comments: