Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The blondes

People always comment on how light the girls' hair is, especially Reese's. Both Brian and I now have dark hair but as babies it was blonde and Brian actually stayed blonde until almost middle school. And Bria's curls, they are a conversation starter for sure :)

 I have done my research on curls and how to take care of them because I have straight hair and had no idea what to do with curly hair. It's a good thing I read up on it for 2 reasons, 1. I was doing it all wrong 2. Reese is looking like she will have her sister's curls too.
First rule of curly hair, DO NOT brush when it is dry, only when wet. Second, it's pretty dry by nature so extra conditioner is a necessity. Also, don't wash everyday (except when she has swim lessons every day and then it's a must to wash out the chlorine).
And I learned on my own that long, curly hair is extremely hard to comb out so to avoid tantrums, just keep it short. Unfortunately Bria is convinced that she is Rapunzel and therefore will not allow me to do anything but get it trimmed (and even then she ends up in tears).
So Reese will be getting a cute little short bob haircut when the time comes...and before she can have an opinion on the matter :)
With 2 girls, hair is a large part of our lives and it's Brian's biggest stress when getting them ready by himself. However, he does show an interest in learning and I appreciate that. He has even done piggy tails in Bria's hair! Next: The braid ;)

No comments: