Saturday, July 13, 2013

Still more

I'm wrapping up posting about our Iowa trip, at least I'm trying to. It was a long trip and I took a lot of pictures so it's hard not to have a million pictures and posts of it.
One of the days we went to Kent Park which Brian went to as a child and had fond memories. It was a little chilly the day we went but fortunately the water wasn't too cold. 


Does this girl have sass or what?!
After swimming it's mandatory to get ice cream, thanks for the special treat Grammy!


Finally July 4th came and we put on our patriotic gear and headed to downtown Williamsburg for the parade. Lots of fire trucks and Jon Deere tractors throwing out candy...the kids were in heaven.







It didn't take long for Reese to catch on so she raced for that candy as fast as her legs could carry that belly!


Cousin picture time!
We saw fireworks from Great Aunt Reba's house and the girls loved them. Not only were they pretty, but we didn't have to worry about the noise since we weren't too close. Our girls are super sensitive to loud noises. 
Have I mentioned I love wine?
This was the giant wine bottle outside the vineyard at the house we stayed at. I can't tell you how perfect it was for the Holcomb's to stay at a vineyard, we are winos!


The last night we were there I attempted a grand photo shoot with the kids. I wanted pictures of all of them to create gifts for Grammy and Grandpa's and Aunts. It was really smart of me to wait until the last night because that way I only got one shot and if something went wrong, too bad.
Well...


Bria was EXHAUSTED! She was homesick, tired, and just wanted to go to bed. 
But I'm mean and wanted pictures. So we kept trying.





And then I finally gave up and mentally smacked myself for being so stupid to wait until the last night to do this.
I know better, but I just kept thinking we had plenty of time and we were kind of busy actually. And I was tired, and, um, what other excuses can I come up with? Oh well, the pictures are pretty hilarious and they will be a wonderful memory all on their own.

I'm so glad we went on this trip. We are forever in Heather's debt for creating this unique opportunity for us all to be together in the place where they grew up. It was so neat to see this part of the country and the town Brian was raised. Seeing where he spent his childhood and experiencing a little taste of it. Brian and I are so grateful to Heather for all her hard work in making it happen, she is truly a rock star. Not to mention she spent her 40th birthday grocery shopping in Iowa so when we arrived the kitchen would be fully stocked. Talk about selfless! You are awesome Heather, we love you!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pics Lou!! And Heather is definitely a rock star for organizing the whole event!! :)

Sara