Monday, October 03, 2011

Bath time fun

Things are going pretty well here. It's getting really close to Brian going back to work and I'd be lying if I said I was handling it ok. He's such a huge help I just can't imagine going through the day without him, it's going to be a challenge. I'm hoping my laid back attitude sticks with me when he goes back to work. I've been feeling pretty chill and mellow this time around and I love that, maybe I'm just really tired :) Either way, Brian says he loves how calm I am.

Queen Bria in the house.
I'll admit that Bria has been watching a lot of tv these days, I don't really like that but I know soon we'll be back to more of a routine that does not involve sitting in front of the tv. It's just hard trying to juggle everything...and that's with Brian here, eek! Bria is doing well though and I'm just so proud of her. Her and Brian have been able to spend so much quality time together and I know she loves that. Aunt Heather has also been a huge help and takes her swimming or to a fun pizza place during the week so that she can get out of the house. I know that has meant so much to Bria, and us too.

Our little Reese is doing well too. She has her fussy time in the evening just like Bria did, but the nice part is Brian is home to help. With Bria he was working a graveyard shift so I was by myself for the fussy time and that was hard. It's nice to have him home so I can pass her off when I need a break.
She is definitely noisy when she sleeps, just like her big sister was. Oddly enough I've been able to sleep pretty well in between feedings, I really think I'm that exhausted. It feels good to be able to sleep and I pray that continues, it's keeping me sane for sure.
I LOVE having 2 girls. LOVE.

I can't tell you how excited I am to pick out cute outfits each day, even if we have nowhere to go :)
ADORABLE.
Reese's belly button fell off last week (did I already mention that?) so we got to bath her. I was so excited! She hated every second of it but I sure do love the smell of a freshly bathed baby :)
Fast asleep, she had no idea what was about to happen, poor thing.
This was the only position she wouldn't cry in. We'll work on it.

We've been trying to figure out who Reese looks like. Does she look like Brian, me, Bria?
Bria at 4 days old.

Reese at a week old

What do you think? I'm still out to lunch, I think we need a little more time to figure it out. She does have the Armstrong hairline, a very strong widows peak in the front. I love it :) Her hair seems to be a little lighter than Bria's was and I also think she has less hair. I love my bald babies :)
We had another doctor's appointment for Reese today, to get her second and final PKU test done. She is looking great still, but she only gained .03 ounces since last week. She is still passed her birth weight so that's good and the doctor wasn't concerned, she said it's normal for babies to kind of stay the same for a week. She did have us schedule an appointment in 2 weeks just to make sure she gains weight. I'm not too concerned because she eats great and is peeing and pooping so she probably just has a high metabolism ;)
Bria also got a flu shot today since we were there and it was pretty funny since both our girls got their pricks at the same time. I was nursing Reese while Brian was holding Bria and at the same time they started bawling. Brian and I looked at each other and laughed, not great thinking on our part to do it at the same time but after about 5 minutes all was well. Reese actually calmed down within 30 seconds, it was Bria who had a hard time recovering. But the promise of a hot chocolate calmed her down...and also playing with a large Q-tip. Don't ask, she loves Q-tips.

4 comments:

Cami said...

Congratulations! Reese is a sweetie. Glad your getting some rest and hope it continues.

Anonymous said...

They are both beautiful! The hot chocolate would work for me too. NOt the Q-tip so much. ;) So good to hear how well its going. Looking forward to another pizza trip. ~Amy

Danielle said...

Aww what beautiful girls! You are doing great and it sounds like you have awesome family around for lots of love and support. :-)

PS. Dillon loves Q-tips too?! haha

Anonymous said...

Seriously - you have such a beautiful little family! Love all the pictures.