Friday, September 02, 2011

I'm so glad when Daddy comes home

It's been a really good week. Like, the kind of week where I never want Bria to grow up because she is so adorable, sweet, loving, obedient, and just fun! I've been eating up our time together and just loving it to death. Brian feels the same way, the last 2 nights I've had girl nights (Wednesday was my baby shower with the Moms club and Thursday was book club with Lanie) and he has enjoyed his alone time with Bria so much that he asked where I was going tonight.

2 is a funny age, one week it's the most trying time in your life and you are convinced you won't make it out the other side, the next week your angel is back and life couldn't be better. It's nice to have those good weeks, they help keep you going.
With this new little girl arriving soon, I think about how Bria will handle it. I pray she still feels loved and that she gets enough attention. I pray she loves her little sister and wants to help and cuddle her...softly :) It'll be an adjustment for all of us, I just hope it goes smoothly, as smoothly as it can anyway.

We have been soaking up the weather lately because we've barely had a summer and it seems like Fall wants to creep in on us already. Normally I look forward to Fall, Oregon is so pretty, but our summer has been so short and I'm nervous that our horrible summer weather will translate into a horrible Fall. But that's me being pessimistic so let's think good weather thoughts.

We've got a pretty busy week next week, a play group at a swimming pool, Bria's first dentist appointment, another play group, my doctor's appointment, and the hospital tour. Busy weeks are good, I like staying busy...for now.
I think that's all the updates for now, I'll leave you with some sweet pictures of Bria and her Daddy :)

I'm so glad when daddy comes home,
Glad as I can be;
Clap my hands and shout for joy,
Then climb upon his knee,
Put my arms around his neck,
Hug him tight like this,
Pat his cheeks, then give him what?
A great big kiss.

No comments: