Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Bria's hair

Bria was a bald baby for what felt like a long time. It's true she had a little peach fuzz, but since it was a beautiful blond, you couldn't see it very well.

Evidence of bald cuteness


But around 12 months old her hair started to grow, and it hasn't stopped (obviously). It has gotten crazy and I can't just not do her hair because it's all up in her face and stuff. Am I complaining? Hell to the no! I love it. I LOVE doing her hair everyday and she is so good for me, she'll stand on her stool in the bathroom and look at herself and play with hair things and such. Recently I decided it was long enough to try two little braids. She LOVES braids because Fawn (Tinker Bell's fairy friend) has one and so does Jessie (from Toy Story). So I braided her hair and oh man, you would've thought I got this girl a pony. She was OBSESSED! We had a playdate at our house that morning with about 5 other moms from our playgroup and I kid you not, she walked up to each mom about 12 times and said, "Look at my pretty braids!" It was also the first thing she said when each person would walk in the door.
I didn't get a picture that day but she requested them before bed that night after bath time and I couldn't tell her no.

She slept with them all night.

I can't get over how big she looks.

Now the braids are cute, but they get pretty messy after her hair dries since not all her hair reaches to the braid, so the next day I tried a different braid, the french braid. I am brave.
She actually did pretty well for me. I was going to try and braid them all the way down but she was getting antsy and I'm still new at french braiding someone else's hair so I just called it good half way down.
I really liked how it turned out and I'm just in heaven doing her hair.


Love it.

It's a good thing I like doing hair since we'll have two little girls soon. Although I told Brian he needs to learn a simple hair clip, it's a requirement being a dad of two girls :)
So now the debate is when to trim it. I refuse to get it cut, but I'm wondering if I should get it trimmed, just a tiny bit to keep it nice and healthy. I'm PETRIFIED of cutting off her curls, of cutting off hair that has been there since she was born, of cutting off the adorable white blond hair she had last summer. I'm very scared. And do I really need to take her in or should I brave it and have my Mom help me? I just don't know what to do. Maybe when she's 3 I'll be ready for a little trim. Ugh, I just don't know. I mean, what if we trim it and those curls are gone forever?!
Well, I'll make that decision later, but for now I'll enjoy her growing hair and coming up with new do's :)

2 comments:

Danielle said...

She's is getting so big! Seeing the pictures of her as a baby really shows how much she's grown!!

Anonymous said...

I am in the same dilemma with my 3-year-old. She has the loveliest little curls and I'm so afraid to touch them, but I think it's time for a trim. With my oldest daughter, I took her to a "Beauty Shop" and made it a big deal and she LOVED it and was so good, so that's probably the route I will go again this time around.